Fentanyl Transdermal patches

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Fentanyl Transdermal patches

Postby Iceskatemum » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:41 am

The reason teh GP might not be giving you the patch is that he might feel you ahve not tried all the potential alternatives . When I was on the Fentanyl Patches I had lready tried Butrans for about 6 moths slowly increasing the dosage but it didn't work hence then going to the Fentanyl which really was the last resort.
Try and book a double appointment with your GP and review your meds , & disscuss if there may be other pain reliving drugs you haven't tried and as I say he might want you on these before gong on these heavy duty patches .

Good luck
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby Langdale Girl » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:07 pm

Yeah I think I'll actually register with a vets as id prob get more help!! Cheers will look into a new dr...
Langdale Girl
UKFM Newbie

Postby whoami » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:26 pm

You really do have to have been on an opiod before starting Fentanyl. I was talking to my pharmacist the other day about them again. She said if you have not built up a tolerance to the drug it can have serious consequences. She said if someone put on one of my patches. It would kill them. People dont realize that Fentanyl is 100 times stronger than morphine and 750 times stronger than codeine. When you decrease Fentanyl it has to be done in stages. Dont ever stop using them without your doctors advice. The pharmacist said if I stopped taking the dose I am on I would be hospitalized and it would not be a pretty thing to see. It scared me. They are very powerful and need to have total respect given to them.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Previous

Return to Treatments & Medication