[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Pregabalin - side effects

Pregabalin - side effects

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Pregabalin - side effects

Postby macca » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:08 pm

Hi all, I was talking to the mrs earlier and she said something that surprised me.

She was talking with a friend of ous who is a pharmacist and discussing pregabalin and its lovely side effects. My wife is conscious of putting weight on and our friend told her that weight gain is common on this med along with .......

Developing curly hair :shock:

Really? Anyone found that ?

Macca
macca
UKFM Member

Re: Pregabalin - side effects

Postby poocarlin » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:31 pm

Having suffered the curse of dead straight hair all my life I would so love this to be true, but just weight gain and all the other nice things so far.......
poocarlin
UKFM Member

Postby paulamcl » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:00 pm

hi im a accuracy checking tech in a pharamacy and ive never heard of curly hair as a side effect. im also on pregabalin 300mg three times daily and fortunatley havent had many side effects from taking it. however i would love curly hair as mines is poker straight :-D
paulamcl
UKFM Member

Postby funny_wonder » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:25 pm

People with poker straight hair: stop rubbing it in. I don't want to know :-p. I wouldn't care if my hair was curly or straight if it would just definitively pick one! Seriously though, have never heard that although weight gain is a notorious side effect of pregabalin.
funny_wonder
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:18 pm

Hi macca

Think someone was pulling your leg with the curly hair one :lol: :lol:

Weight gain is a listed side affect though. :( as is many of the meds given to us for fibro. :(
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby ccat21 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:28 pm

Hi I was on pregablin but can off it as had put on 1 stone which did not help my fitness or knees, now trying without it & to loose the weight
ccat21
UKFM Member

Postby doctoria71 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:53 pm

hi I also take pregablin. I was on a high dosage and gained almost 1 1/2 stone,also sometimes experience dizziness. I also used to wear contacts but now have to wear my specs as I now have dry eyes .
doctoria71
UKFM Member

Return to Treatments & Medication