[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Meptid ???

Meptid ???

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Meptid ???

Postby vampireangela » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:49 am

Has anyone ever heard of this drug? I've been in absolute agony for 12 days and on top of all my other meds the doc gave me these also called meptazimol but they haven't touched the pain at all so just want to know if any other fibro sufferers have had this medication

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
vampireangela
UKFM Member

Re: Meptid ???

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:30 pm

Popped you over into here angela with you asking about a new med. It's not one I've come across personally, but I have found this linky that could be helpful http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/aches-and-pa ... eptid.html One of the uses for meptid is during childbirth :shock: :shock: :shock:

Hope it soon kicks in and helps make you feel a little more comfortable :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby vickyp1977 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:29 pm

HI i have arthritis in my spine and fm and my doctor actually prescribed meptid but had no success with it unfortunately :( but then i am having trouble trying to narrow down a painkiller/ anti-inflammatory that i'm not taking a reaction to, that's not to say that it won't work for you though, i would give it a try and either you will get some relief from the pain (in which case that's great) or you won't and will have to see your gp again . Fingers crossed it works for you , Good Luck! :-D
vickyp1977
UKFM Newbie

Postby denys » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:49 pm

Hope its useful and kicks in soon :-D :-D :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Meptid ???

Postby vampireangela » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:00 am

Thanks all. I've been taking it since Friday and no pain relief at all so giving it till Wednesday and if there's no improvement I'm going back to the doctors

vampireangela
UKFM Member

Postby millymoodoo » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:59 am

Hi

I remember having this drug in 1980's so its a drug that has been on the market for a long time!!! I was prescribed this following major surgery both by injection and tablet but it didnt agree with me at all, i was very ssick with it and it didnt do a lot for the pain!! I have never had it for fibro but it is worth trying and see if it works for you. I am shocked that this drug is still around!!!!

:goodluck2:
Millyxxx :-)
Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them get up!!! When life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!! Everyday is a gift which is why we call it the present
millymoodoo
UKFM Member

Meptid ???

Postby vampireangela » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:02 pm

They've took me off it now and put me on oramorph

vampireangela
UKFM Member

Return to Treatments & Medication