[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Finally have a combination that works

Finally have a combination that works

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Finally have a combination that works

Postby fruity72 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:38 am

Hi all

After seeing the rheumatolagist on the 25th Jan, he increased my meds, letter hasn't reached the dr yet for new script but as I had some of the meds here I decided to up them to the new dosage and omg what a huge difference to my pain levels.

Once the script is sorted I will be on 2 x 50mg of tramadol 4 times a day, 1 x naproxen 500mg twice a day, 2 x 300mg gabapentin 3 times a day, 1 x 50mg of amatritoline at night to try and help me sleep and in the winter months I will take vitamin D as this is always low.
I will get slow release tramadol for bedtime to help during the night, I can't get all slow release as they cost more, hmmm, not happy about that but anyways.....

But I am so happy about how my body feels, doing things like leaning over the bath to wash my hair and standing at the sink doing the dishes is still an issue as well as other things, but in general things have much improved. This means doing my voluntary work at CAB and sitting down for longer than 15 minutes is a little easier, but it will never be perfect, but I now have some sort of life :D

I am so glad I have a never give up attitude and kept fighting this til I finally found something that works for me. I am proud of me for finding the energy to fight it. I just wish they could find something to help with fatigue, that is my biggest issue now.

Just wanted to share my happy news with you all :D
fruity72
UKFM Member

Re: Finally have a combination that works

Postby dotty lotty » Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:59 am

That is really good news fruity. Long may it continue :teddy-bear: :bear-dancing:
dotty lotty
UKFM Member

Postby fruity72 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:05 am

fruity72
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:16 pm

Great news :-D :-D :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby shazq » Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:43 pm

Its good to hear you have found the right combo of meds. :-D
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby fruity72 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:40 pm

:mrgreen:
fruity72
UKFM Member

Postby Squirrel01 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:39 am

Good morning,

I am new to this forum, but I couldn't stop myself from posting a reply. I know exactly how you feel, a few years ago, exhausted and in chronic pain, I spoke to my doctor in one last ditch to get some sort of life. I ended up on the following meds:

Pregabalin 150mg morning and eveing.
Tramadol x2 50mg - every 4hrs (with paracetamol)
Diclofenac 50mg - every 8 hours
Lansoprazol
Asocol (Crohns disease)
Vit D 50ug
Zanaflex 4mg - night
:nono: :nono: :nono:

What a transformation it made to my life, I was back on top - and I mean I felt like I was Superman :lol: . However (and there always is one), my body soon learned to absorb the meds I was taking and after about a year or so, I would guess they were abut 50% effective. So, naughty Squirrel started taking his Sulpadol along with the Tramadol (and other bits), just to get a nights sleep. Look, I could go on and on etc. bottom, line is please be careful. Only take what you need - I am now back on pain relief twice a day (thankfully), in pain yes, exhausted yes, but when I am suffering I have the option to up my meds. I have resided to the fact that I will always be in pain, I will always feel tired and I will always have restless legs.

The benefits on all those meds you describe, although great, are short lived. Only yesterday I had Lidocaine IV in hospital, it is meant to have an instant effect, which can, in some cases last for three - four weeks - guess what, no difference. Now what??? I have been described Duloxetine (?), which I have some reluctance to take.

Anyway, good luck and all that.
:mrgreen:

I really hope you have continued relief, and I am sorry for sticking my beak in. I just don't want you coming back down with a bang.
Squirrel01
UKFM Newbie

Postby Iceskatemum » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:40 pm

So glad you are getting some relief , everyone of us is individual in our med needs so to find something that works for you even for a short while is a great relief.

Don't worry about how you will feel in the future ...enjoy how you feel now. :-D
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Return to Treatments & Medication