[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Change of Meds

Change of Meds

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Change of Meds

Postby minigirl » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:51 am

Hi everyone, i'm a newbie to the site and I apologise in advance if this question has already been asked :oops:

I was diagnosed with FM at the back end of last year. I've been on several different meds, just last week i've been taken off Gabapentin (2700mg a day) as I was suffering quite badly with brain fog and anxiety problems, it was working to help ease my pain too and i'd only been on it for 3-4 weeks.

My doctor put me on Duloxetine, and after I had taken just 3 tablets I had to stop, the sickness was unbearable - I wasn't sure whether it was side effects of stopping the Gaba or starting the Dulox, but i've started taking them again this morning.

My question is, has anyone had these symptoms with Dulox, and if you have, did the pro's outweigh the con's? and do they help with the pain?

I'm in agony atm and it's making me feel terrible :yikes:

Thanks everyone x
minigirl
UKFM Newbie

Re: Change of Meds

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:53 am

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Change of Meds

Postby minigirl » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:05 pm

Hi thanks for your reply

No the doctor stopped them straight away, I'm currently feeling so very sick and like I'm on the waltzers, I've rang my GP and am waiting for a phonecall back, sobbing my eyes out and feel so silly but I'm in absolute agony I can hardly move today

I feel like no one listens to me, my GP, my consultants or anyone

I'm not allowed a blue bage as they've deemed I can walk too far, I'm in the work group thing for ESA but they keep pushing me to attend when all I want to do is curl into a ball

I'm in so much pain

:-(

Sent from my iPhone via Tapatalk
minigirl
UKFM Newbie

Postby Tina1963 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:09 pm

Oh bless

I really feel for you . You don't have to attend those appts just phone them and tell them you are too ill to attend. they may phone you back, but they cant stop anything or make you do anything... I've been through it and stressed about it as you are now. A little poem to cheer you up

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,

The courage to change the things I can,

And the wisdom to know where to hide the bodies

of anyone whoever said,

"You're perfectly healthy, it's all in your head"

Take care big hugs
Tina1963
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:06 pm

How you're feeling now could be due to the Gabas being stopped immediately and the Duloxetine being started. Is there a different GP you could see who might be more understanding?? If not, maybe rethinking how you approach your appts might help.

Rather than going in and letting the doc take the lead, you could try doing it instead. With how you are feeling at the moment, you could write down how it's all making you feel and questions about why it could be so bad, possibly incl something about how you thought the Gabas might need to be gradually reduced over a period of time before starting the Duloxetine instead of just stopping them immediately. Altho you have only been on them for a short period of time, it will have started to build up in your system and will still need time to work its way out.

Under the Equalities Act, a service provider, which includes DWP, JCP, should make reasonable adjustments as to the needs and limitations of the disabled person. This could be a phone interview, home visit etc.

You really need to talk to your adviser about how you are affected by your condition, and why it is difficult for you to attend these interviews and see what other options could be available to you.

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Change of Meds

Postby minigirl » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:18 pm

Thanks for your kind words and advice

My GP rang me to say stop the Duloxetine straight away, he's leaving a script out for me for Oromorph, so I'm hoping this will take the edge off the pain, I've got more blood tests next week then got to see him the week after to discuss more new meds

And I've also got an appt with one of my consultants in 3 weeks

Sorry I was crying earlier, I've got quite a list of medical problems which combined makes me really down but I will try to keep my chin up

Thanks again x

Sent from my iPhone via Tapatalk
minigirl
UKFM Newbie

Postby dotty lotty » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:59 pm

Minigirl you never have to say sorry for crying.A good cry can release tension. Hope you are a bit better and glad your GP phoned back and has given you something else. :fingerscrossed:

Tina where do you get these brill sayings. Maybe you should start a daily saying thread. :teddy-bear:
dotty lotty
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:12 pm

Don't worry about :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: Living with this condition on it's own is bad enough, add in some extras and it all goes up to a new level :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: Quite a few of us have other illnesses and problems so we understand what it can put you thru :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Return to Treatments & Medication