[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - zacin (capsaicin) cream.

zacin (capsaicin) cream.

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

zacin (capsaicin) cream.

Postby elfval » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:34 pm

I have been prescribed this cream, 0.025%. i like the sound of it because it is made from chilli peppers not chemicals. it says pain releif will start within 2 wks of treatment and full effect after a month, thing is my pain moves all over my body so im not going to be putting it on the same places all the time, so will i benefit from the cumulative effect? anyone had any experience with this? Its not burning me so luckily im not getting the side effects :)
elfval
UKFM Member

Re: zacin (capsaicin) cream.

Postby shazq » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:55 pm

I have never used it but :fingerscrossed: you get some benefit from it. :goodluck1:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby funny_wonder » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:32 pm

I've used a capsaicin cream before, can't remember the name of it though. There is a cumulative effect to some extent but you should hopefully get some benefit even if you're moving it around. If you're getting nothing from it at the moment I wouldn't expect much in the future. You should be feeling some heat from it even without building it up.
funny_wonder
UKFM Member

Postby Iceskatemum » Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:56 am

Worked with a guy who's wife was a drug rep for the company who produce it , she thought as I didn't have pain in one specific spot that the effects might not be strong enough for me. Her way of explaining ...its a bit like the topical iproprofen gels , they target a specific area but then some of the actual ingredient travel wider in you body due to entering the blood stream

Seem it has amazing results for very specific pain such as back pain /joint pain so if you also have a sore back or something it should do well . Good luck for as we all know ......everyone of us is different and it might just work for you
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby denys » Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:53 am

:fingerscrossed: you get some relief from it every bit helps :fingerscrossed:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Treatments & Medication