[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Amitriptyline not helping with the pain

Amitriptyline not helping with the pain

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Amitriptyline not helping with the pain

Postby mega1 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:39 am

Well back to the docs again today .... can anyone tell me if i am being told the correct info ......... she told me the rheumatologist that i seen about 4 years ago said i had the start of soft tissue rheumatoid arthritis ... doc says it could also be fibromyalgia as this is the same and the treatment is the same? is this correct? well along with my 100mg of amitriptyline to help me sleep she has given me nefopam? think this is just another pain killer to try and to self refer myself to see a physio? anyone else done this? does it help you any?
mega1
UKFM Member

Postby stuart » Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:04 pm

my doctor put me on Amitriptylin to boost the tramadol and help with the pain and also tried me on naproxsin,the naproxsin made me feel sick and seem to make the pain worse as for the pain relief its pointless i'm in constant pain and sleep is something i can only dream of "pardon the pun" i was diagnosed with fb 2 years ago but after researching it and thinking back i've had this since i was a teenager im 42 now and im finding life harder each day when will there be some real relief from this pain cause at the moment the doctors just dont seem to care
stuart
UKFM Newbie

Postby shazq » Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:29 pm

:welcome: to the forum Stuart

You did not say what dose of Ami`s you are taking? if you are on a low dose you could ask your gp to increase it for you or you could ask for another pain med as they are not working.

Here is a link of other meds used to treat fibro, sometimes it can take a combo of meds to get the pain under control, its just finding the right combo that suits you. You do tend to get side affects with many of the meds but they do pass after a couple of weeks.

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Fibromyalg ... tment.aspx
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Pinkprincess205 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:03 pm

Before i was told i had fibro, i had tried a number of different migrain tablets, then after mymcar crash i was on tramadol, gabapentin n naproxen n mebeverine for ibs. Then when i was told i had fibro i came off all the meds and put on ammi 10mg. Over the 2 years, im now on 95mg of ammi, 3 naproxen a day, 8 paracetamol a day and still my mebeverine, plus i take lots of other herbal stuff. I do sleep better at night now. But im still in pain during the day. I guess the meds must be doing something as i know when im due more tablets or if i forget to take them.
Vic x
Pinkprincess205
UKFM Member

Previous

Return to Treatments & Medication