cough and reflux

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

cough and reflux

Postby kitten » Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:47 pm

Does any one start to cough that turns to retching and have to rush to the loo and be sick although it's Flem that comes up , don't know if it's the Lansoprazole or the naproxen or both , been on these for 3 weeks fine at first but this last week has been awful with indigestion and reflux , I know that I am sensitive to a lot of meds just wondering if these are also going on the list
kitten
UKFM Member

Re: cough and reflux

Postby Cybermum » Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:42 pm

Hi. I am not on either of those(On Amitrip, Fluxotine and slow release Tramadol) and I cough till I retch etc. I seem too have a permanent supply of flem. It's gross. I always suffer with a croaky voice these days too. As Fibro is musclular as well, maybe it effects the muscles in our throats?
It is very annoying though.

Jo
xx
Cybermum
UKFM Member

Postby Pipsie » Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:50 pm

I get this too, and I find steam inhalation really help. I have an oil burner which I evaporate black pepper, thyme, and rosemary oils which are good for phlegm. Look them up on the internet and see if they'd be good for you, and not contraindicate any medicines you are on.
I'd go see the doc anyway just to make sure it's nothing sinister, and maybe ask about omemprazole which is used to soothe sensitive tums that have to take a lot of rough drugs.
Hope you feel better soon,
Px
Pipsie
UKFM Member

Postby kitten » Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:13 pm

Hi Pipsie

Managed to speak to my GP at the end of her surgery told her what was happening got an appointment for Thursday in the mean time told to stop the Naproxen

Hi Cybermum
I also get a croaky voice at times feels like you are going to start with a sore throat but don't as you say Fibro effects all the muscle

Thanks for your replies

take care xx
kitten
UKFM Member

Postby diddledog » Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:07 pm

Most likely the Naproxen doesnt help. It can cause heartburn and stomach pains. The lansoprazole is to calm the stomach so wouldnt of thought it was that. I have that for inflamation of the stomach. Good luck at the doctors x
diddledog
UKFM Newbie

Return to Treatments & Medication