[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Change of Meds

Change of Meds

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Change of Meds

Postby dottydaydream » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:10 pm

After yet again telling GP that Tramadol are just not helping, and asking for a re-referral to Rheumatologist, I now have had a meds change, and GP has put me on amitriptyline and co codamol. My blood pressure was high, he checked 3 times so now have to have blood tests taken on Friday.
I have heard that amitriptyline can help with sleep? I hope so as sleep is a massive problem for me.
dottydaydream
UKFM Newbie

Re: Change of Meds

Postby mega1 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:15 pm

Amitriptalene helps me sleep, i take 100mg at night but it doesn't help with the pain, i have been put on nefopam but tbh they aren't doing much either for the pain :(
mega1
UKFM Member

Postby Panda58 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:58 pm

I am on both of those meds and is feeling better than not on them.
Panda58
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:21 pm

Amitriptyline can help with sleep and pain problems, hopefully you'll find it makes a difference to you :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: It can take 4~6 weeks to fully get into your system and take effect, so don't be surprised if you can't feel much difference at first, just try to give it some time. As well as time, you may also find patience is also needed. Sometimes a bit of twiddling can be needed with the dosage as for some, the starting dosage isn't quite right for them.

Co~codamol is used quite often in FM management as well, and for some it really helps. Again, you could find a bit of twiddling dosage~wise is needed for you get the most out of the med.

Hope they bring you some relief :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :goodluck2: :goodluck2:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby dottydaydream » Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:14 pm

well I know docs like to start off low dose but the amitriptyline is just one at night 10mg doing nothing at all so far but maybe just needs the dose upping as have heard it does help with sleep, so will ask at next apt, by then the blood tests should be back and maybe shed some light on why my blood pressure was high. Although tbh I think its likely stress as pain was bad and tramadol not helping...co codamol stronger dose is helping.

Thanks for replies...much appreciated.
dottydaydream
UKFM Newbie

Return to Treatments & Medication