Medication review

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Medication review

Postby dotty lotty » Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:49 am

Back at GP yesterday and we are now reducing the gabapentin and have doubled the duloxitine (it initially really helped). He said there are still a few more options e.g pre-gablin, lignocaine patches and some alternative therapies so he is still really trying to get the one that suits me best. If all else fails we have a vets in the village I can try. :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :teddy-bear:
dotty lotty
UKFM Member

Re: Medication review

Postby Iceskatemum » Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:17 am

I know the feeling about visiting the vet :-D :-D

Went to pain clinic a few weeks ago ....about as useful as a chocolate tea pot!

Gave me spinal injections for my bad back...lasted 3 weeks but have now no effect except my back goes into spasm and my right leg has less feeling than before and occasional gives out from under me. Especially just after getting up from a chair etc.

Changed all my pain meds which left me in more pain!

Went back to GP to let him know what happened ...he has now changed my meds again and thinks that this will cure my bad leg!

really think none of them know whats what! :shock:
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby dotty lotty » Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:37 am

ISM it very much appears to be a case of trial and error me thinks. Oh for the day when I cure fits all. As for the chocolate tea pot try eating that :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :teddy-bear:
dotty lotty
UKFM Member

Postby Iceskatemum » Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:12 pm

I totally agree with you regards the trial and error bit Dotty but it get very weary when you are still fidling with what meds to take & what strength they should be after a year or more .

For me the upping of the Pregabalin has made me even more fatigued & dopey than I was :roll: :crazy: :roll: :crazy: ... lets hope it settles very soon , reluctantly however I have to agree with the GP that it may have helped with the pain especially down my leg.

May be he wasn't such a chocolate tea pot after all :lol:
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby vmvseoa » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:31 am

The vets :lol: :lol: :lol: Cheered meup on a Monday morning. I would be too scared as I think our vet would take me outside and shoot me!
vmvseoa
UKFM Member

Return to Treatments & Medication