[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - duoxiline/cymbalta

duoxiline/cymbalta

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

duoxiline/cymbalta

Postby moo » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:27 pm

I have just had my meds changed anti-depressant ftom citalopram to cymbalta - anyone else made this change? Did it help?
moo
UKFM Newbie

Re: duoxiline/cymbalta

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:12 pm

Duloxetine is becoming increasingly popular in managing FM moo. As well as its anti~d effects, it can also make a huge difference to FM symptoms for some. As with anti~ds, it needs a while to get into your system and a bit of dosage adjustment is quite often needed to get the level right, but it can help.

You may have some initial side effects, such as nausea, feeling woozey/spaced, as you get used to it, but these tend to start easing off with a bit of time.

You've nothing to loose by trying it, and possibly some improvements in things could be gained :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby dotty lotty » Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:07 pm

When I first started Duloxitine it really helped the pain but that tailed of towards the end of last year so we are now trying other drugs and the duloxitine has now been changed to twice a day.
As for effects on mood pre duloxitine I was either fine or going for your jugular :shooting: :evil: with nothimg in between. That made for some explosions. :teddy-bear:
dotty lotty
UKFM Member

Postby scouseproud » Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:34 pm

Hi. I have recently recieved a diagnosis after over a year of pain and confusion and the 1st thing my GP prescribed was duloxetine. I was starting to feel quite depressed so I went asking for an antidepressant and she said that it helped with pain also. I've now been on it since the beginning of January and my pain is no better, if anything it is worse (although this is probably due to doing too much) and my depression is slightly better but the main cause of my depression is the pain and that is still just as bad. The side effects are still pretty bad but were unbearable in the beginning. I have to take anti sickness tablets to combat the nausea and I either feel like a zombie or wired like im on drugs. I am considering coming off the duloxetine and trying gabapentin, which someone has recomended to me. Just wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience or has any experience with gabapentin?
scouseproud
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:53 pm

Scouseproud if you use the search box in the top right corner of each page and put in Gabapentin you should get a good number of references to it as it is something that is used fairly frequently in trying to Manage FM.

It takes a while to get into your system and you normally build the dosage up gradually to get used to it. It was originally and anti~convulsant med used in epilepsy but has also been found to help some with FM, something to do with blocking/affecting/disrupting the signals flying around the body that tell us we're constantly hurty and ouchy.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby sknowles456 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:48 pm

I took one tablet of duloxetine and ended up in hospital. They said i had a serotonin overdose, it left me with panic attacks which lasted for a year. I will never take another one ever!
sknowles456
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:27 pm

Hi
I have been on duloxetine for a while now, i started off on 30mg, i found it gave me headaches & made me feel sick & dizzy so i took it of an evening so i slept through the side affects.

The 30mg did not help so my gp increased it to 60mg, after around 6 weeks i still did not feel any better so increased it to 90mg, i have been on this dose for a month now, my pain has got slightly better & my depression has lifted but i do go through stages of depression so will need more time to see if it works.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Treatments & Medication