Vitamin D

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Vitamin D

Postby Crazyfi » Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:31 pm

Hi, not sure if I've put this in the right place? I was wondering if I could pick anyone's brains. I have a docs app' tomorrow and wanted to double check something. I read somewhere that vitamin D tablets only work for people low in it if certain other vitamins are balanced first, I remember B12 being one of them, does anyone possibly know the criteria ?
Dance ilke nobodies watching, love like you've never been hurt, sing like nobodies listening, live like it's heaven on earth...
Crazyfi
UKFM Member

Re: Vitamin D

Postby fruity72 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:18 pm

I take Fultium which is for low vitamin D, its nicer than the chalk tablets they give you and you only take one a day.
I always have a blood test to check my vitamin D levels, they don't check other vitamin levels.

Don't know if that helps or not :crazy:

Good luck
fruity72
UKFM Member

Postby Gizmo01 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:34 pm

Hi I have vitamin B12 injections every 12 weeks as well as taking the chalky tablets for low vitamin D twice a day.
Gizmo01
UKFM Member

Postby Crazyfi » Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:41 pm

Hi thanks for replies. I don't think I explained myself very well lol.( I confuse myself :crazy: ) Basically vitamin D will only work in the body if other levels like B12 are balanced first. Otherwise it's a waste of time taking the vit D. Blow me if I didn't just read this somewhere very recently but can't remember where to refer to it or what the other " necessary to be balanced" nutrients were
Dance ilke nobodies watching, love like you've never been hurt, sing like nobodies listening, live like it's heaven on earth...
Crazyfi
UKFM Member

Postby fruity72 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:15 am

Hi Crazy,

I will be asking this next time I am at the docs cos they have never mentioned my levels of b12, thanks for the info
fruity72
UKFM Member

Postby spencebel » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:56 pm

I am on Vit D tablets, and have regular blood tests. Not on no others either.
spencebel
UKFM Member

Return to Treatments & Medication