[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Alpha Stim update

Alpha Stim update

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Alpha Stim update

Postby MairiHarper » Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:43 pm

Hi, just wanted to post a wee update on progress with the Alpha Stim. It's been a month now. Within a couple of days pain and fatigue went from 9/10 to 1/10. I use the machine for 1 hour every day. Forgot on two days and symptoms were right back up at the earlier level. I did have a nasty flu like virus last week which felt like mini fibro and I was really worried that the effect had worn off but things improved over the weekend and I'm back to the new normal now which is 1/10. I realise the price might put people off. I got it VAT free cos they recognise fibro as a long term chronic condition so it cost around £550. Kindly parents bought it on their credit card for me otherwise I wouldn't have been able to afford it but if you can, it's worth a try I think. Hoping that the effects will indeed last for a while! Best of luck to all x
MairiHarper
UKFM Member

Re: Alpha Stim update

Postby denys » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:15 pm

Glad its working for you :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby shazq » Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:51 pm

Happy to hear its still working for you, thanks for the updated. :-D
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Iceskatemum » Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:51 pm

Glad it it working for you ! Nice to hear good news story :-D
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby millymoodoo » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:48 am

Hi Mairi

This product sounds really good and when you are having so many problems it is worth considering. I really don't have that kind of money but my parents have said they will pay half for it if it is going to help me with all the problems that I have which I am so grateful for as it is a lot of money. I have looked online but can only find similar ones and not the actual alpha stim that I have seen on u tube so I was wondering if you could point me in the right direction and please let me know where you purchased yours from. I am going to look into it further before I do purchase one as I don't want it to be one of these buys that sits in the back of a cupboard especially at the price it is at. I have read reviews on amazon about a similar one which is priced at £99 and some of the feedback is not reassuring but then it is not the actual Alpha Stim, although I put Alpha Stim in the search it doesn't bring up the actual one.

It would be amazing if I could get some of my problems under control to a degree. I am being admitted on the 3rd April for deep injections under xray so I will also ask the pain clinic consultant what his views on this product are. I am really hoping that this will make a huge difference to my life, so thank you for posting about this and I hope you continue to benefit with this product. I think sometimes we just grasp at whatever we see as giving us a better quality of life!!!

Milly :-) xxx :hugs:
Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them get up!!! When life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!! Everyday is a gift which is why we call it the present
millymoodoo
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:56 pm

Have you tried looking on e-bay?
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:10 pm

MIlly, this linky might be helpful for you http://www.ukfibromyalgia.com/treatment ... erapy.html

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby millymoodoo » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:40 am

Hi FP

Thank you so much for the link they are priced around what I thought but I may if I decide to go ahead with this go for the rent to buy scheme!!! It will really help spread the cost over 9 months but you have the benefit of getting the machine so much sooner and the payment scheme is interest free. I have broken the payments down to cost per day which is £1.66 for 9 months which sounds better but then you have the product guaranteed for a further 4 years 3 months and no more payments. Its a lot of money and like everyone else things are pretty tight so I am just trying to justify it to myself lol!!! I am still going to speak to the pain clinic consultant before I commit to buy but from what I have read it seems like it could really help me and you know what it is like you will grasp anything that will help tightly.

About 8 months ago I bought one of those wrist bracelet with the magnets in I just cant remember what they were called but I got absoloutly no relief whatsoever from it so that was £72 down the drain which is why this time I will be checking with pain clinic consultant. I did tell the consultant about my buy with it and he said he wished I had spoken to him first because he has had so many negative reports about it so at least I know he doesn't mind me asking. I was sickened that I had wasted £72 its a lot of money to lose. I would love to hear from anyone else re Alpha stim , I am getting quite excited about how much relief I could be getting. You would think the NHS would invest in these for patients with severe pain. It costs £500 a day for occupation of a hospital bed so to invest in these would save the NHS a lot of money especially when we are admitted to hospital with severe pain (that's of course if it works) It would certainly reduce the number of people having no option but to go into hospital to aim to control their pain!!! I am going to put this theory to my pain clinic consultant as I am sure the drugs that we have to take for fibro cost more than 27p a day if you break it down for the 5 year warrenty period. Mmmmmmmmmmm food for thought lol!!!!!

Milly :-D xxx :hugs:
Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them get up!!! When life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!! Everyday is a gift which is why we call it the present
millymoodoo
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:03 pm

Glad the linky was useful Milly :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

The rent to buy scheme does seem to make the cost more manageable, esp breaking it down into the daily rate like you have done. If you do decide to go for it, make sure you read all the tiny and boring print before you commit to anything, just so you know exactly what you will be getting, what will be covered by the warranty (it's not unusual for less to be covered the longer a warranty covers something). And I think asking what your consultant's thoughts are on it is a good move to help with making your decision about what to do.

I vaguely remember something being posted about those bracelets, mainly because of the their cost :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: I'm personally very wary of things that claim to be able to make huge differences to conditions/illnesses. In a lot of cases, they tend to be the notorious snake oil peddled by those who purely want to make a quick profit from people who are so badly affected that they will try virtually anything in the hope that it will bring them some relief, no matter how minor it may be. Having been caught up in such things myself, fuelled by my scepticism, I now dig and dig to find out as much as I possibly can before making a decision.

Definitely ots of food for thought. Cakey Please :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Return to Treatments & Medication