Had a Full body massage done yesterday

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Had a Full body massage done yesterday

Postby LouLou » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:49 pm

Lol I'm sure my mum wouldn't mind, she'll help out anyone for a cuppa and a biscuit lol.

I'm saving up at the moment too - getting married in Greece in August. Have you made any plans yet? It's the one thing keeping me going at the moment. Whenever I have a bad day I just think I marrying my OH and it makes me smile (soppy I know lol)

Ordered my dress the other week so :fingerscrossed: it gets here soon.

I've heard about accupuncture, but personally I just couldn't get my head around all those needles. I know they are smaller and thinner but I go all funny when I have blood taken, just don't think it would relax me lol so I'll stick with my massages.

Pop the kettle on and I'll send my mum your way Sarah lol
xx
What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger ;-)
LouLou
UKFM Regular

Postby Pinkprincess205 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:46 pm

Lol would love to use your mum too lol, where does she live lol.
I havnt gone back to have another one yet, i dont pay for them at the moment so thats good. The hot stone one somewhere else just for ny back is £25, but i would want a full body one done. Another place was £75 for a full body, cant be affording that every week.
I do think it might be true what alot of you are saying that having them regular is more benificial, but i just cant go through another hour of pain to be in more pain after, since i have had this fibro condition im so scared of pain, its ridiculous im such a wimp.
Thanks for all your replies.
Victoria
Pinkprincess205
UKFM Member

Postby fibro-lu » Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:19 pm

it does make sense

a massage is like a work out in the gym
you would expect muscle ache the folowing day

my masseur starts gently and then slowly gets deeper

I have to say
30 min accu makes me doase (speling) off
followed by 30 min massage does just the same (with one eye half open)
but then I trust him
after he loosened the stiff muscles he does the clicking
it;s music to my ears

it is a bit pricy, yes
they do an offer, buy ten get 3 free
you could ask, they even offer instalments (buy 10, get 3 free, pay in 3 equal instalments)

all the best
Lu
all the best :cow-wave: Lu
Mind over Matter: in mind I'm Wonderwoman - in matter, well, - don't mind, doesn't matter
fibro-lu
UKFM Regular

Postby LouLou » Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:32 am

Lol my mum would love to come and give you all a free massage (those of you who can tolerate them anyway lol) she took a lot of time out and spent a lot of money getting qualified but now when I close my eyes during a session I can't tell the difference at all between her and the Salon Therapist.

I must say I much prefer having them from my mum though, purely because it's in the comfort of my own home and I can just get in the bath after and flop on the sofa and rest.

I know that a lot of therapists do offer to come to your house these days though.

Pinkprincess I wish I could offer you a solution as I know what it's like when money is tight, that's one of the main reasons my mum wanted to qualify so she could help me not only save money but help my pain aswell. I think it must be so hard for those who love us to not be able to do anything about our pain. Oh and since FM I too am not only more scared of the pain as you put it but I have found I am more sensitive to it especially when I'm in a flare.
What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger ;-)
LouLou
UKFM Regular

Previous

Return to Treatments & Medication