[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Tapering from Cymbalta/Duloxetine diary

Tapering from Cymbalta/Duloxetine diary

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Tapering from Cymbalta/Duloxetine diary

Postby stormguy » Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:53 pm

Hello Guys

I recently visited my GP with a view to tappering down from Cymbalta/Duloxetine...I was taking low dose 30mg for around a year. My GP reduced my dose to 20mg!!

My GP'S advice

Take 1 20mg tab every day as normal for the next 7 days
Then 1 20mg tab every other day for the next 2 weeks
THEN STOP!!!!!

Im not taking any viatamins or supplements

Day 1....Feeling ok!

Day 2....Feeling good!

Day 3....Feeling good!

Day 4....Feeling good!

Day 5....Feeling slightly nauseous and irratible....But still ok overall!!

Day 6....feeling slightly nauseous. But still ok overall!!

Still at work :)).....most important though still no brain zaps that I have read alot about. I am happy with things so far !!

Day 7.....Feeling good!

This will be the first missed dose tonight wey hey!! feeling good about this taper..

Day 1 after missed dose and still feeling good!!
Got to thinking should I just quit now!! Hmm then decided to stick with doctors orders ...lol and not try and rush things. Took dose after first missed dose.
Day 3 still feeling good

Day 5 still feeling good...slightly irratible

Day 7 feeling irratible and nauseous.. But still not too bad

Day 9
Last edited by stormguy on Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:27 pm, edited 5 times in total.
stormguy
UKFM Newbie

Re: Tapering from Cymbalta/Duloxetine diary

Postby lolo73 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:10 pm

Do they come in capsule or tablets format? If capsule I personally would open the capsule and gradually remove more grains each day until there is nothing worth taking in the capsule. I did this when I came off veneflexine. If you are managing with your GP's advice then carry on x
lolo73
UKFM Member

Postby stormguy » Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:22 pm

They come in 20mg Capsules...Easier than counting the beads,ok if you have asteady hand....lol

Regards

Garry
stormguy
UKFM Newbie

Postby kazza65 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:36 pm

Do it as your doctor said and not as other person said by opening your capsules. That is dangerous as you don't know the amount your taking.. If you having with drawal systoms go see your g.p who will alter your dose to come off the drug never mess with meds unless ur quailfied to do so.....
Live life to the full as you don't know when it will end xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
kazza65
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:42 pm

Hi
I agree with Kazza, if you are having problems with withdrawals symptoms go back to see your gp they might wean you more slowly off them. :goodluck1:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Treatments & Medication