[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Supplements or vitamins to help with muscle cramps

Supplements or vitamins to help with muscle cramps

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Postby gibbo82 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:29 pm

I suffer terrible with muscle cramps in my upper back, shoulders, neck, arms. But mainly my upper back, feels as if all the stress just sits there. I try and stretch my back muscles but it just sends them into spasm.

Anyone got any suggestions?
gibbo82
UKFM Member

Re: Supplements or vitamins to help with muscle cramps

Postby lucybythsea » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:25 pm

I second that suggestion. Magnesium is very helpful with muscle pain Ive found. :)
Hello, Im 30 and have severe fibro. Come check out my blog: http://www.fibrofandango.wordpress.com
lucybythsea
UKFM Member

Postby gibbo82 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:47 pm

gibbo82
UKFM Member

Postby gibbo82 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:58 pm

What dose do take?
gibbo82
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:42 pm

I would follow the instructions on the bottle and maybe check that there wont be any interactions with any of the other meds you might be on :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby LouLou » Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:58 pm

I'm currently in the second week of taking magnesium/calcium/vitamin D combined tablets (2 a day with a main meal) and though I haven't felt a huge difference in my pain levels I haven't had any cramps or restless legs since taking them.
What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger ;-)
LouLou
UKFM Regular

Postby fletch » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:15 pm

The doc prescribed me with Quinine to help with cramps and they do help.
fletch
UKFM Member

Postby gibbo82 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:41 pm

I'm gonna try some magnesium malate and vitimin d3 supplements. What about vitimin b complex also?
gibbo82
UKFM Member

Postby LouLou » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:49 am

Hi gibbo

The ones I take are in a range called "Osteocare" and the ones I am on are combined magnesium, calcium, vitamin d as the main ones and then it also contains other vitamins (which I can't remember sorry a bit foggy today lol)

In the "Osteocare" range they do all sorts so you can pick which vitamins you wish to try. As I said I'm nearly in my 3rd week of taking 2 a day with my main meal. No noticeable difference to pain levels yet or energy levels but I haven't had Restless legs or cramps since starting them so fingers crossed lol.

Also, I did read somewhere that it can take up to a few weeks/months for vitamins and minerals to build up in your system to a level where they benefit you.

Can't hurt to take them - but be warned the actual tablets are huge lol.

Hope that helps.
LouLou
UKFM Regular

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:30 am

Whichever ones you decide on, try to get the best quality ones that you can as they don't always contain the same amount of ingredients. And be wary of buying them online, unless they are from a reputable retailer, as there are so many counterfeit meds, supplements etc being passed off as the genuine items, some of which are made up of nothing but complete rubbish like the sweepings up off the floor.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby LouLou » Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:06 pm

Couldn't agree more Fluppy.

My mum got mine from a pharmacy and asked the pharmacy about them and made sure they were a proper brand. Would much rather pay a bit more to make sure I am getting quality than risk some of the dangers lurking on the internet.
LouLou
UKFM Regular

Postby gibbo82 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:49 pm

Thanks for the info guys :)

I shall pop to holland and Barrett and see what they have there.

Unless any of you know any good online supplement retailers?
gibbo82
UKFM Member

Postby lucybythsea » Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:51 pm

Holland and Barrett have a reputation for being a bit cheap and cheerful. Solgar have a good rep although they are more expensive. I take 'Solgar' Calcium, Magnesium and Zinc and they did a great for the pain and unrefreshing sleep. The effects have tailed off since then but i still take 2 tablets twice a day.
:-)
Hello, Im 30 and have severe fibro. Come check out my blog: http://www.fibrofandango.wordpress.com
lucybythsea
UKFM Member

Postby lucybythsea » Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:54 pm

Im trying gentle massage treatment in a couple of weeks as I also get a lot of tension and pain in that area. I have high hopes! x
lucybythsea
UKFM Member

Postby LouLou » Wed May 01, 2013 12:11 pm

LouLou
UKFM Regular

Return to Treatments & Medication