[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Feeling more pain with Gabapentin??

Feeling more pain with Gabapentin??

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Feeling more pain with Gabapentin??

Postby ruth2013 » Fri May 03, 2013 2:11 pm

Hello again,

As I go through the trials of trying almost everything the doc gives me to try and alleviate the pain, I have just been put on Gabapentin and am currently working up through the dosage to the full 900 a day.

I feel like I am going bonkers. :crazy: :crazy: It feels like I am aching more now I have started this. I haven't done any activities out of the norm for me.

Anyone else had this??

Thank you!!!
ruth2013
UKFM Member

Re: Feeling more pain with Gabapentin??

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri May 03, 2013 3:13 pm

How long have you been on the Gabas ruth?? They need time to get into your system, which can be a month or 2, so you made need to give them a bit longer.

A new med often comes with side effects, which could be why you're feeling so awful at the moment. This tends to start easing off after a while, so persevering with them a little longer might be what you need to do. If things are too unbearable tho, talk to your GP.

When all else fails, hug your teddy xx

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby kazza65 » Fri May 03, 2013 6:10 pm

Gabapentin gave me nightmares and i had to come off them on go on pregablin @ 200mg 3 x a times.. If your not happy go back to ur G.P and ask him to change then.

Also like others have said you have to give them chance to get into your system

Gook luck huni
Live life to the full as you don't know when it will end xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
kazza65
UKFM Member

Postby ruth2013 » Fri May 03, 2013 10:44 pm

Hi there,

Thanks for your responses. I have only been on them for 3 days lol.

I am also on Tramadol (waste of time) and Duloxitine (Cymbalta).

I will persevere for a while, thanks for the advice.

Ruth
ruth2013
UKFM Member

Postby latmaz » Sun May 05, 2013 8:29 pm

the gabapentin made me feel sick my dr said to persevere with it, gradually increasing the does every 2 weeks. i managed to get up to half dose but after 3 months i just couldnt bear feeling so nauseous all the time and gave up

i hate tramadol but take it when things are really bad, it really upsets my stomach ( do u see a pattern here lol) and also makes me feel very tired and achy

maybe its the combo of the 2 thats causing u problems? hope it wears off but u do need to try and persevere for a bit longer
latmaz
UKFM Member

Return to Treatments & Medication