Group leader asking us to exchange medication.

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Group leader asking us to exchange medication.

Postby LouLou » Tue May 07, 2013 12:27 pm

Oh my that's just crazy!

I don't even give any of my family one of my pain meds if they have a headache or something, it's just not worth the risk at all.

Good on you Grannypants (love the name by the way lol) for standing your ground this woman sounds like a right bully. I really hope the correct action is taken against her.
What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger ;-)
LouLou
UKFM Regular

Postby Grannypants » Tue May 07, 2013 1:06 pm

She is a real piece of work believe me. Glad you like the name, my daughter named me it when she had her twins 2 years ago along with fibro fran and crazy mommaaa.
Grannypants
UKFM Member

Postby LouLou » Tue May 07, 2013 3:20 pm

Lol love all your nicknames grannypants!

Mine is a bit boring as my name is Louise so most people call me LouLou, my other half calls me LouLou Shaboo or Shaboo (Shib) for short and it's kinda stuck since lol.

How lovely that your daughter had twins, I'm at that broody stage at the moment lol.

Keep us updated on that crazy lady as I'd love to hear what happened to her.
What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger ;-)
LouLou
UKFM Regular

Postby Picklepudding » Wed May 22, 2013 9:11 pm

Is there any update on this? x
Crohn's, IBS, plantar fasciitis, psoriasis, Vitamin D deficiency, minimal osteoarthritis, possible Hughes Antiphospholipid Syndrome and fibromyalgia...I'm a walking medical encyclopaedia!
Picklepudding
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Thu May 23, 2013 2:07 am

Not at the moment, we will let you know when we hear anything
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Geek-Girl » Tue May 28, 2013 9:15 pm

That is appalling and you are doing the right thing by reporting her to the appropriate people.

I used to work for a pharmaceutical company, and I know the level of research and study that goes into releasing a drug onto the market. Taking medication not prescribed is incredibly dangerous.....it can react with other medication, if it contains certain products it might trigger an allergic reaction if you are not aware of it, and some people are more sensitive to some types of medication so the dosage has to be carefully controlled....I am very sensitive to opiates and codeine based medication, so any pain control has to be carefully monitored!

Any unused/out of date medication should be taken to your local chemists for safe disposal.

Well done for standing up to a woman who sounds like quite a bully....fibro can sap your self belief, and she really shouldn't be in the controlling position she is in!
Geek-Girl
UKFM Newbie

Previous

Return to Treatments & Medication