[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - please help!!

please help!!

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

please help!!

Postby sunrise28 » Mon May 13, 2013 7:51 pm

Hello.. Im a single mother of a 3 year old who is finding things hard, upsetting frustrating and scary. I was diagnosed last year with fibro after a year in constant pain. i was relieved to be diagnosed as i was finally not going off my head. I was then sent away with meds and an appointment with physio. The physio was a let down i thought i would have came out of there feeling better but again i felt letdown. Its all well in good doing the excersise ( apologies for spelling mistakes i cant remember how to spell and my finger is going numb typing thus another symtom of my fibro) anyway all well in good doing excersies but how do i manage my pain. So since then i think i have been to my doc once a week.. and everytime my meds are being changed i am now on 60mg of duloxetine, 600mg of lodine, 300mg 4times a day og gabpentin. to which i still have pain at the moment its affecting my hands fingers constantly going numb and tingling to the point i feel like chopping them off.. m hands are now very painful and i feel im not getting any releif from gabpentin. if someone can give me advice on medication they have tried and it has worked i would be very grateful. :-)
sunrise28
UKFM Newbie

Re: please help!!

Postby denys » Mon May 13, 2013 8:12 pm

Go back to your doc and ask for a meds review, you will probably need to book a double appointment but it might help to look around the site to see what meds others are on or to look at the NHS website under fibro to see whats on there.

I take napraxen, pregablin (lyrica), dihydracodiene, dosulopen, citalopram, paracetomol plus others for other conditions. Hope you get some relief soon
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon May 13, 2013 8:22 pm

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby juejue » Mon May 13, 2013 9:10 pm

Hi,

I'm sorry you haven't found anything that helps yet. Is your physio giving you gentle stretching exercises as these can help with the pain over time, although they probably do need to be taken in conjunction with meds.

The meds which have been easing things for me are: pregabalin 300mg, amitryptaline 75mg, ibuprofen and co-codamol and rizaptrapazem (not sure if you spell it like this but it's for migraines)

I hope you find something which eases things for you soon.

Take care Jue x :flowers:
juejue
UKFM Member

Postby sunrise28 » Mon May 13, 2013 10:32 pm

thanks for all your replies.. info has been very useful.. im going back to docs and have a meds review.

:blowkiss:
sunrise28
UKFM Newbie

Postby shazq » Tue May 14, 2013 3:54 pm

:goodluck1: sunrise i hope with some difference meds you will start to fill better. :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Treatments & Medication