[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Pain relief

Pain relief

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Pain relief

Postby tenchigirl87 » Mon May 20, 2013 1:49 pm

I'm 25 and was only diagnosed about 16 months ago with fibro.
I have been told for the last year that I have basically tried all of the pain medication available!
I take nortriptyline daily but other than that I'm not taking anything for daily pain relief.
I have tried tramadol, coedine, paracetamol, ibuprofen, nefopam, amytriptiline...
I think thats all of the ones i Have tried, and have basically been told there's nothing else I can do.
The nortryptyline takes the edge off, but I have bad days about 4 times a week now which means I struggle to move at all.
I think my GP has simply given up!
Help?
tenchigirl87
UKFM Newbie

Re: Pain relief

Postby zaralala » Mon May 20, 2013 2:43 pm

Try an Osteopath and Acupuncture!
zaralala
UKFM Member

Postby kazza65 » Mon May 20, 2013 3:31 pm

Ask your doctor for Pregablin or MSt Continus a slight for of morphine.. It really does help..
Live life to the full as you don't know when it will end xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
kazza65
UKFM Member

Postby tenchigirl87 » Mon May 20, 2013 8:23 pm

tenchigirl87
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon May 20, 2013 8:29 pm

You could ask to be referred to your area's Pain Clinic/Services to see if they can help you. You could also look into whether a TENs machine might be helpful.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby cal1164 » Mon May 20, 2013 11:02 pm

Hi,

I was diagnosed roughly the same time as you, I have tried all the meds available for fibro as you have. I was then sent to a pain clinic by my gp, as suggested by someone else here. They put me on duloxetine ( cymbalta) along with pregablin and Celebrex. I hope this gives you a suggestion. For the record I too am still in pain but without these meds, I'd be immobile. Take care and I hope this helps. X
cal1164
UKFM Newbie

Postby cal1164 » Mon May 20, 2013 11:05 pm

I also use an electric blanket on my bed at night and during the day when I need to sleep. This really helps with the pain. X
cal1164
UKFM Newbie

Postby denys » Tue May 21, 2013 12:10 am

Hi and :welcome: to the forum, I take pregablin (lyrica) after having tried the others. Sometimes its the combination of medications that can give some relief so ask your doc about that and also throwing in some complementary treatments into the mix may help. Have you tried heat on the areas that are particularly affected on any given day :?: :?: :?: :?:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby PennyJ » Tue May 21, 2013 8:25 am

Gabapentin seems to work for me I take 100 mg 4 times a day and you can increase up to 800 mg a day if needed. I sometimes take Ibuprofen with it a night to help me sleep as I only wake at night when in pain. Ask your GP about it.
PennyJ
UKFM Member

Return to Treatments & Medication