[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - amptripyline!!

amptripyline!!

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

amptripyline!!

Postby angie68 » Mon May 20, 2013 6:41 pm

helloooo everyone, just quick question and a whinge, does amptripyline put weight on you i take 75mg for fibro, not that it helps me pain but DR said help me to relax so i can sleep, i cant live without these and as you know we need sleep, im taking 60mg codeine 4x a day also and its not helping me, i try try to be brave but its realy getting me down this pain, im overweight (size 16) but yep small with it 5"1..so i know losing weight would help a lot, i cant be bothered to excercise if i do im in worse pain than i already am :-(, and also i dont eat much always breakfast had lunch at 12 and ive had nothing since cos i feel sick and cant be bothered to make summit!! im weak sore tingly numb, i guess you all know them syptons, im in a angry depressed stage"why me" i avent hurt any1 in my life :( so it saddens me, id rather help people than them helping me, my son has had to go to me sisters so i could rest for an hour, ive gone down a notch in pain , i love been aslepp cos i cant feel pain, so has i wake (and like you also) the pain is there why cant it just do 1, and surely DRS are looking into thigs to help us all its so damn frustrating :( , i know e have all different meds for each of us, would any1 recommend anything stronger than codeine 30mg im on but dosent shift any pain...my body is in pain all day from neck to feet hurts more if i do anything like more walking than i should, its so damn frustrating..i make appt for DRS when im like this then i cancel cos they cant help we just have to get on with it :( :( xxxx sorr y for my whinging x
angie68
UKFM Member

Re: amptripyline!!

Postby redana » Mon May 20, 2013 8:22 pm

Hi, I have also gained a lot of weight with Amytriptyline, also in pain and in tears a lot from fatigue and exhaustion. I have had to go from working part time to full time, because I can't manage financially. Even though I enjoy my job, it is so tiring, and on my days off I just stay in bed from exhaustion. I really feel that I don't want to be here anymore, I have no life, no friends, people even family don't want to know you when you have fibromyalgia, i'm just feeling sorry for myself and I keep wandering, why am I here. I get frustrated because I can't do the things I used to love doing, I feel frustrated, cheated, claustrophobic, tearful and very lonely...............
redana
UKFM Member

Postby angie68 » Mon May 20, 2013 8:41 pm

awww redna, im so sorry to hear that i guess we all have days like this i get up on orning and cant wait for bed so i can sleep and feel no pain..x dont you have friends in workplace who can help you and come have a cuppa n chat!! its realy lonely been on your own, so we can only do 1 step at a time, ive just said to my boy, right we going for a walk every night, see my brain wants this but when tomorrow comes i wont have the energy for it.so do we push ourselves so we can feel better or stay at home and get bigger???..thats what annoys me and frustrates me i cannot what i used to do, i lost 1 half stone but put about 9lb back on, but when i was osing the weight with excercise i used to be drained after excercise and used to think why but now i know i guess ive had fibro for a long time, im glad im not seriously ill but the pain wears me down like it all must do with you all.. :( ... so i must think postive try try try and do this for myself we have whatever our life span is so we need to take each day and think its our last and smile :-D :-D :-D ...can you that reaedna and you get back to me and tell me how your days have gone, we push each other if we feeling like this, think postive my dear x
angie68
UKFM Member

amptripyline!!

Postby Wendy 28 » Mon May 20, 2013 8:53 pm

I also take amitriptyline, codeine, citalopram and naproxen and have I put loads of weight on or what! I can't win, to try and stop all the pain and get some sleep in now feel like a walking water bed and it makes me miserable :((
Wendy 28
UKFM Member

Postby crazy women » Mon May 20, 2013 9:00 pm

hi hun iv been on amptripyline for over 4 years now and i take 50mg a night and when i get up in the morning i could eat the contents of the fridge as it makes me very hungry . my size go,s up and down as exersise is hard with fibro but i have ddd witch makes it evan harder . before that i workd long hrs as a chef and my size wos ok . :-? and it does nothing for my fibro or ddd but it does sometimes help me sleep x
crazy women
UKFM Newbie

Postby angie68 » Mon May 20, 2013 9:25 pm

hello crazy woman what is ddd please??? eee we all in the same boat eh! i take 75mg of amptripyline at night i do sleep but sometimes the pain waks me up cos of the numbness and pins n needles does anybody have that??? pins n needles on the side ye lay on ?? sick of it i am i guess im having a bad day x
angie68
UKFM Member

Postby chelle69 » Mon May 20, 2013 10:55 pm

Hi new to the forums,
I was diagnosed with fibro about 18 months ago, and was prescribed Amitryptiline and I've also had weight gain (2 years ago I was size 12) size 16 now and could be on my way to an 18 if I'm not careful, not a weight I wish to be and also won't help with fibro symptoms, what are we suppose to do, it hurts to exercise...walk...so how are we to keep weight down?? I don't eat enough to be this size. It makes me cross when I read that people are told by GPs to lose weight it will help symptoms when they know full well meds make you gain weight
My GP seems a nice enough person, but doesn't seem to be ......(fibro fog!!!)cant think of the word.....when we talk about fibro its symptoms and how its affecting my life and how to make it better etc he don't seem to care When I said the amitry tabs dont seem to be working he said stop them then and I said ...then what...he replied with a shrug of the shoulders and a grin
That is someone who is supposed to be helping me
why do we fibro sufferers feel like no one believes us and our pain!!!!????

sorry for the rant...oh by the way Gp did say that amitry does make you gain weight
chelle69
UKFM Newbie

Postby angie68 » Tue May 21, 2013 7:40 am

sounds just like me chelle x i dont enough for me to be my size :( im not a naturaly thin person anyway but i know this is not me i eat quite healthy its excercise i need but havent got the energy :(
angie68
UKFM Member

Postby Angel777 » Tue May 21, 2013 8:06 am

I am on Citalopram , yes I was a12 but am now an 18 , I have often wondered if it is the body's mechanism to protect us , as when my pain is worse I seem to be bigger, which did then make me think it is my body protecting the musco skeletal and neurological so it does not get so damaged . As we do tend to drop things and bump into things, lose our balance etc. with the condition.
I eat fairly healthily too and even though I cannot now exercise outside or walk so far in one go, I do manage to exercise more at home , housework, up the stairs etc. which once would have kept weight off , but if the body senses pain , it will use some way of protecting I am certain .To me it makes sense , perhaps though we don't like the weight we ought to embrace it as our body helping us . That is not to say we do not need to be mindful of diet as that is very important to us to eat balanced and healthily.
Diagnosed with FM 2007 /Also have Osteoarthritis which I have had for many years .
Looking to connect with fellow FM people near me as well as making friends and having support from this forum .
Angel777
UKFM Member

Postby angie68 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:26 pm

sorry i must of misplaced this post!!!! i agree with you all, and angel ye could be right our bodys keep the fat (word i hate) to protect us for the pain :( :( ive done nothing wrong to nobody and why have i got this like all you's its sad sad..but we try and stay postive goodnight xx
angie68
UKFM Member

Postby beckstar127 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:02 pm

I know how you all feel.

I was on citalpram but i had them changed to fluxatine.
I take amitripline at night to help me sleep but all i ever so is constantly wriggle about cant get comfortable at all. I wake up so thirty from them too.
I use to be a size 12 now a 16.

I get moaned at all the time about my weight from the doctors and ive said i cant excercise has i have two boya to look after. I get tired from just doing the cleaning up. I always end up having a nap.

Im never know what to do :sad::-?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
beckstar127
UKFM Member

Postby Michelleg123 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:09 pm

I am on Amitryptiline and Citalopram and I have gone from a size 12 to an 18 - am not happy, am extremely depressed with it all and I get told by a doctor who stopped my benefits that if I lose weight I will be fine - I am disgusted that a health professional could say this when they know the side effects - It hurts to walk, my hands, shoulders and back constantly give me pain - I would love for these do called 'doctors to live a day in our shoes because I'm sure they would definitely change their opinions !!
Michelleg123
UKFM Member

Return to Treatments & Medication