[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Tramadol and paracetemol is helping me

Tramadol and paracetemol is helping me

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Tramadol and paracetemol is helping me

Postby lucybythsea » Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:03 pm

I've just started taking paracetamol along side my tramadol, and i've found my pain is greatly reduced, and I've also been able to reduce the amount of tramadol i take. I only take one paracetamol per day now (as 4 was making me woozy) and two tramadol, twice a day. I definitely recommend trying these two drugs together.
Hello, Im 30 and have severe fibro. Come check out my blog: http://www.fibrofandango.wordpress.com
lucybythsea
UKFM Member

Re: Tramadol and paracetemol is helping me

Postby masonsbarms » Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:00 pm

hi i to take both these, and they work better than co codamol i find,

take care xx
masonsbarms
UKFM Regular

Postby FiFiTrixabelle » Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:51 pm

I take tramacette in the day.this is a mixture of Tramadol and paracetamol. My gp prescribed it. At night and early evening after work I take Tramadol. As long as I take them always I am comfortable....but if I fancy a glass of wine and stop taking them, boy don't I know... I hate this condition, but at least something helps. I am not pain free, but it is less intense
FiFiTrixabelle
UKFM Newbie

Postby HazelB » Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:17 pm

Paracetamol will boost the effects of most other types of pain relief, especially opiates xxx

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
(soft hugs)
Hazel xxx
HazelB
UKFM Member

Postby Shar66 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:40 pm

Can you take tramadol if you are on fentanyl patches? Co-codamol doesn't work for me x
Shar66
UKFM Newbie

Postby lucybythsea » Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:21 pm

Hello, Im 30 and have severe fibro. Come check out my blog: http://www.fibrofandango.wordpress.com
lucybythsea
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:07 pm

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby LouLou » Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:58 pm

Hi Lucy

I've also discovered the benefits of doing this recently. I used to be on co codamol and Tramadol 2 of each 4 times a day. I've been slowly cutting down on my meds over the last 3-4 weeks now and my Gp said I could substitute any of my dosages of co codamol with paracetmol (eg if I cut out 2 co codamol a day I can take 2 paracetamol with the tramadol etc)

I too find they help when taken along side something you can take them with and it is really helping me with my cutting down. My GP hopes for me to get to the stage where I have replaced all my meds with 2 x paracetamol 4 times a day and then go from there. That's the aim anyway lol.

Who would have thought it hey lol
xxx
What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger ;-)
LouLou
UKFM Regular

Postby FinkyDink » Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:15 pm

I find Tramadol does completely take the pain away, but it also turns me into a woozy zombie, so I can't have a job!! Trudging on with Pregabalin which takes the edge off and keeps me alert enough!

Glad you have got something that works though, that's always good to hear positive thoughts and posts!!
FinkyDink
UKFM Member

Postby mililly » Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:33 pm

I was on teamadol 8 a day and paracetamol and it just wiped me out. I have fentanyl patches now and feel slightly better. You cant take tramadol with these.
mililly
UKFM Member

Return to Treatments & Medication