[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Need advise on pain management

Need advise on pain management

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Need advise on pain management

Postby kenbocbr » Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:26 pm

Hi All
I have had Fibromyalgia for 2 years or more now, I have been using Tramadol and co-codamol 2 twice a day of each and now it seems to be getting worse so I have tried taking it 3 times a day. I wake several times through the night with bad pain in the back of my head, pain and tightness in my neck, shoulders and back when I get up I can hardly get down the stairs because my calf muscles are so tight I cant bend my feet. this is really get me down I'm so tired in constant pain, what do all of you take to help with the pain
kenbocbr
UKFM Newbie

Re: Need advise on pain management

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:08 pm

:cow-wave: :cow-wave: and :welcome: to the forum. I've moved you into this part of the forum with you asking about meds/pain management as it's a more suitable board and will hopefully mean you get some helpful replies. You could also have a look thru some of the other topics on here to see what others have tried, then discuss the different options with your GP to see what else might be suitable for you to try.

Most of us have quite a cocktail of meds to help keep us :penguin: :penguin: :penguin: :penguin: :penguin: :penguin: along. The types we have can include anti~depressants that have been found to help with sleep and pain issues, painkillers such as co~codamol and tramadol, and neurological meds that can help with blocking pain signals. This linky explains more about the types that can be used http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Fibromyalg ... tment.aspx

As well as the pharmaceutical approach, we also use other ways to help ease things. Applying heat to a particularly hurty area can help ease things, as can a soak in a warm bath. Adding things like essential oils can also help with relaxation and easing stiffness. Massage can hep some, as can a TENs machine. There may be treatments that your GP could refer you for as well, incl physio, hydrotherapy, acupuncture.

If you have a look thru some of the things on here, make some notes about some alternatives to what you are currently taking, then talk to your GP, hioefully it will be the start of you finding some more easing than you are currently getting. It can take time to get there tho, so be prepared to possibly have to try a few things before you find things improving, but it is possible to get there :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby kenbocbr » Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:05 pm

Thanks for that Fluffypuppy I really appreciate your help, I'll have a look through the forum as well Thanks again
kenbocbr
UKFM Newbie

Postby kazza65 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:57 pm

Hello and welcome

i have had pain for year but only got diagnosed this year and my gp tried loads of drug to get me some ease with my pain, i used to take tramadol with Gabapentin three times a day. Then i started having funny dreams as a result of the gabapentin so they put me on pregablin 200mg three times a day. All i take MST continus,and amtriplyne at night . This helps but some day when it really bad i have oramoph to help with a instant shot..

Hope this helps you xx
Live life to the full as you don't know when it will end xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
kazza65
UKFM Member

Return to Treatments & Medication