[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Celebrex

Celebrex

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Celebrex

Postby pinky1 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:16 pm

Hi all,
Has anyone ever used this? I spoke to a lady on our local FM support group who is using it along with other meds. Went to GP today and she's happy for me to try it for a month to see if it helps any. I'm on diazepam and co-codalmol. If Celebrex doesn't work which I've a feeling it won't, I may try a low dose of nortriptyline. I haven't wanted to use nortriptyline but I may have to. Another option is to stop the co-codamol and use tramadol.
Hate this disease!!!!
pinky1
UKFM Member

Re: Celebrex

Postby whoami » Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:45 pm

A lot of people use Celebrex here for their fibro and it helps. I was on it for a while years ago. I can't take it now because like with so many drugs taken by mouth, my stomach bleeds. My hubby takes it also for his injury.

Pinky1....just curious, why would you think it would not work before you have tried it?.

I read an article once about a study done on people taking medication. Medication was given to 100 people who had never taken it before. When people were told the name of the drug 80% of the people said that it would not work. When they tried it, it didn't. These people were later given the same drug but they called it some other made up name, said it was a new drug, it worked for 98.8% of the people. They tested over 50 different medications this way. Amazing on how the brain works.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Celebrex

Postby pinky1 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:53 pm

I don't know hehe, I just don't understand how an NSAID can work for fibro when we don't have inflammation. Does that make sense. But I will try to have a more positive view about it. I'm really reluctant to take nortriptyline, pregablin, gabepentin for personal reasons. So I will give this a try.
Thank you for your reply :-)
X
pinky1
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:08 pm

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby masonsbarms » Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:38 pm

hi pinky, i have been on celebrex for quite a time i was on these and co codamol,

i now have these and tramadol and paracetomol, i do know the help my pain but i also have OA and if i miss a celebrex which i have on a couple of timws i know that they help as the pain is worse i take 100mg twicw a day ,

like everything its worth trying it may or may not work for you but give it a go.

take care xx
masonsbarms
UKFM Regular

Celebrex

Postby pinky1 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:13 pm

Thanks for the replies folks. No fluppy that wasn't explained to me. So thank you for explaining. Like you say it's worth a go :-)
The reason I'm reluctant to go on the gabepentins or pregablins is because I was on unnecessary mood stabilisers, which are anti-epileptics and the weight gain was crazy. I went from 7st 5lbs to 15st in a year. Although that's nearly 10 years ago. I was on many, many anti-depressants which I didn't actually need. Thankfully the mental illness I had I no longer have and I really don't want to go down the road of trial and error of meds that may not work at all. My psychiatrists even admitted that he should never have prescribed me all those meds. After many years of therapy I overcame an illness and now life a fulfilling life (apart from the fibro)

Here's hoping the fibro doesn't worsen, I have a toddler to take care of on my own, I have dreams at nearly 32 that I have yet to fulfil.
Anyway I'm rambling lol.
I'll let you know how it goes with the Celebrex
X
pinky1
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:54 pm

Glad there was something helpful in my wafflings :-) :-) :-) After such unpleasant experiences with so many unnecessary meds it's more than understandable why you want to stay away from them. Just a little thought tho, if you do find that it looks necessary to consider some of them as an option at some point along the way, with the anti~d's especially, the dosages used for managing FM tend to be considerably lower than the levels needed for their original uses.

My offspring was a toddler when I started with different symptoms, and due to a number of things, it was just the 2 of us for a while, so altho it's a bit of a hazy recollection now, I have a bit of an idea of how things can be. With a little bit of creative thinking tho, you can find ways to still have some lovely times with your ickle one without it taking absolutely everything out of you.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Celebrex

Postby pinky1 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:35 pm

Sorry just coming back to this thread now :-)
Pleased to the Celebrex is certainly easing the pain. Obviously I'm still in pain but I haven't been waking in the night in agony.
Thank you all again, I always know I can pop on here when I've got a spare minute or a question :-)
X
pinky1
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:47 am

Pinky.....I am glad that celebrex is helping. It may not take away all the pain but if it helps a bit wonderful
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Return to Treatments & Medication