[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Just starting on Lyrica

Just starting on Lyrica

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Just starting on Lyrica

Postby E-Bunny » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:31 am

Hi Guys / Gals

My GP prescribed me Lyrica ( I keep wanting to say Lycra lol ) 100mg X 2 per day. Took my 1st dose last night and ended up feeling drunk/high as a kite XD.

Is this a normal reaction ?

I slept like a baby tho which is good as i havent had a good nights sleep in a very long time ! I woke up late ( slept through my alarms which i have never done ) and ended up late in work o.O .. The second dose is starting to kick in and the drunk / high feeling is kicking in again !! I am hoping that I can control this as its not going to go down well with managment ... It has done nothing for my pain so far, but at least the side effects are making me smile lol.. Does Lyrica take a while to kick in and reduce the pain ?

Thanks for reading

Tina x
E-Bunny
UKFM Member

Re: Just starting on Lyrica

Postby m_turner15 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:05 am

I took pregabalin for about 6 months & although they were ok (after side affects wore off, light headedness, feeling sick) it did help. I put loads of weight on though and had to come off them due to this.... I can't afford to be putting weight on with medication.... Vicious circle because my joints etc get worse with weight gain and also the feeling of being depressed so looked at the whole picture and the doctor prescribed me gabapentin... The side effects of these are weight gain too but am trying them to see...... Am also on dolsulepin 125mg at night. This helps with sleeping but not the pain in my body..... I also take 30/500 co codomol 4 x a day, the doctor is wanting me to wean off them but that is impossible to do at the moment......
I've reposted this from my repl to another lady who posted this morning. X
m_turner15
UKFM Newbie

Postby LouLou » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:14 am

Hi Ebunny/Tina

Like m_turner I too was on Pregablin (also called Lyrica - yes I too kept calling it Lycra lol) for about 6 months but found I was putting on weight and they didn't really have an effect on my pain levels so my GP took me off them.

But in the first stages I remember that feeling after taking them. I still work too so I understand why you are concerned. I always find having a few biscuits before taking any of my meds helps not just settle my stomach (as I have IBS and can sometimes suffer when I take meds on an empty stomach) but also helped dial down the actual side effects.

They do take a few weeks to get into your system and get working properly and as you have only just started them it may be worth sticking with it to see if it does help your pain.

Hope that helps
x
What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger ;-)
LouLou
UKFM Regular

Postby ouchiemama » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:15 am

I posted a very similar post earlier as I just started last night on it aswell!

I am feeling sick & shaky & just kinda weird! :crazy:

I do feel like in my head I want to do stuff... but unfortunatly my body doesnt agree :lol:

Will be interesting to see how we both get on with it! xxx
ouchiemama
UKFM Member

Postby LouLou » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:20 am

Lol ouchie I've posted a similar reply to your thread too.
LouLou
UKFM Regular

Postby ouchiemama » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:23 am

ouchiemama
UKFM Member

Postby E-Bunny » Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:59 pm

Hey thanks for the replies :)

I am currently sat at my desk in work... and i have to say i am completely stoned off my face !!?

To the point of walking straight is impossible lol.... It seems to be getting worse as the day goes on... Is this normal ? I am trying my best to hide it, but dont think its working :S

Ooo my eyes are also dilated and glossy... not good, makes me look like im on summat i shouldnt be..

ps if im not making sence.. sorry... my head is somewhere else right now.. I really REALLY am stoned lol

Tina x
E-Bunny
UKFM Member

Postby LouLou » Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:14 pm

Oh dear E Bunny :yikes: :yikes:

If it's really affecting you this way even after eating something it may be worth speaking to your Gp about it. You may be on too high a dosage to be starting off with?

I remember I felt slightly not with it when I first started on them but nothing near to what you are describing lol. Just be careful getting home E Bunny.
LouLou
UKFM Regular

Postby E-Bunny » Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:35 am

Hi Guys / Gals,

Just an update on the new meds !!

The stoned feeling is starting to lessen.. And I am feeling alot happier, too happy according to my boss lol XD infact i feel its worked better than any antidepressant i have ever taken ( and i have tried them all o.O )... people have started to point out that my personality/behaviour is changing ( I havent noticed ), although I have been told they have changed for the better.. Im worried that the personality change could also go the other way !?

I thought this was a very rare side affect of the Lyrica, but after this was mentioned to me i decided to have a look on the web.. There are alot of ppl posting about thier personality and behaivior changing... Most for the worst, not the better..

Has anyone else been told that they seem to have changed as a person, the way you interact / behave ?

Tina x
E-Bunny
UKFM Member

Postby LouLou » Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:27 pm

Hi E Bunny

I didn't have those kinds of side effects when I was on Lyrica. If you type Lyrica/Pregablin in the search box at the top it should bring up the other threads on this med as I have seen quite a few on here.

If these symptoms are concerning you in any way it is best to see your GP as they will be able to better advise what is "normal" and what isn't.

Take care
x
LouLou
UKFM Regular

Return to Treatments & Medication