[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - fentanyl patches

fentanyl patches

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

fentanyl patches

Postby mililly » Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:31 pm

Hi
Im taking 75mg amytriptoline atnight oromorph roughly 100ml bottle in 4 days and im on 50g patches. Im still in constant bad pain. Does this seem a high dosage or what as i just dont seem to be getting anywhere in the last 3 months. I have also started witn acupuncture to see if that helps
mililly
UKFM Member

Re: fentanyl patches

Postby kazza65 » Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:52 pm

The oramorph seems a little high. I have it but it has to last me the month.

I take Mst continus 15mg twice a day with 30mg at night
Pregablin 200mg three tims a day
Amitripylne 40mg at night
Oramorph as when require usually when i have gone mad in the nice weather..

Take care and i hope you get your self sorted

Love Karen xx
Live life to the full as you don't know when it will end xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
kazza65
UKFM Member

Postby mililly » Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:55 pm

I was o n mst 20mg twice a day. May go back to them ss im not too happy with the patches.
mililly
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:05 pm

Hi
I found when i was on the patches you do become used to the dose quickly and have to keep increasing them, i got to the stage where i was wearing two patches. They stopped working in the end so had to be weaned off them.

You should ask your gp for a pain review and explain your meds dont seem to be working, you might find a change in meds will help as you do become used to them after a while. :goodluck1:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby mililly » Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:11 pm

Hi
Im back there tomorrow and your right for the first 2 days its not too bad then im in agony until im due to change it. Will revert back at least you know where you are with a tablet
mililly
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:32 pm

I have been wearing Fentanyl patches for 8 years now. I have been on the same dose 150mcg/h for 4 of those .

How long have you been wearing the patches? It takes a while for the full dose to get in your body so you are on an even level. I find they have been the only thing that works.

Please don't think about what size of dose of medication seems high or low. We are all different and on different meds, our bodies can only tolerate so much. I have not had the feeling I need any more Fentanyl to keep me somewhat normal. I do need something for breakthrough sometimes.

Sometimes people feel they need more on the third day because they have maybe been in a hot bath which releases more of the drug therefore it is all used and then you are off the steady amount in your system. This is only one way you could be feeling you need more.

talk to your Dr, you may not need more Fentanyl but something else. Let us know how you get on please.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby mililly » Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:23 am

Hi
I was on 25mg to start with then 50mg. I have been on that dose for 2wks now.it just seems to go on and on i creasing small amounts i also take 8 paracetamol a day.
mililly
UKFM Member

Postby Iceskatemum » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:25 am

First attempt with these patches ended up with me on 2 trips ,one to A&E and one due to being totally stoned :roll: :crazy: cause GP suggested going up the levels to high to soon, :yikes: not bèen back on since!

If concerned about your meds and taking too many ask for referral to pain clinic :-D Consultant should have better idea what to give.
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby mililly » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:19 am

That dosnt sound too good. I've been back and gone back onto tablets. At rheumstology wednesday do they may change meds anyway if fibro is dx
mililly
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:28 am

Milly........for some people Fentanyl isn't the answer. If you are uncomfortable with it ask for something else. Fentanyl is very strong, likely the strongest pain med you would be offered. Saying that though doesn't mean it will work for you. It has to be increased slowly until the level you need is reached.

As suggested by others a pain clinic may be in order. I really found they helped me. They will not only help with meds but teach you coping methods and offer other options of treatment.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Return to Treatments & Medication