Had hydrotherapy...........now in so much pain!!

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Had hydrotherapy...........now in so much pain!!

Postby Lizzyear » Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:10 am

Hi All, :wave:
Just wondered have others felt like this and did you carry on with the hydro.
I had my first hydrotherapy last Wednesday, it is now 5 days after and am still in a lot of pain around my whole body, :yikes: it's not as bad as Wednesday night and Thursday, but has really rendered me useless, as my body hurts sooooooooooo much!
Would love to hear how others have got on. Is it normal to be in this level of pain! :cry:
Look forward to some advice/opinions.
Thanks, :flowers:
Lizzy
Lizzyear
UKFM Member

Re: Had hydrotherapy...........now in so much pain!!

Postby Sandii5 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:41 pm

Hi Lizzy,
I'm afraid I can't help but would also be interested in the views of others as I went to my first Physio session today and they have put me on a course of Hydrotherapy starting 31st July.
Hope the pain dies down a little for you (I know it never truly goes away altogether :( )
Sandra xx
Sandii5
UKFM Member

Postby leewhyte » Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:50 pm

Hi Lizzy,

I've attended my second session today and its a lot better than the first one. I was like you and the pain still hasn't gone away fully. When I got out of the pool my knees were weak and shaky that stopped during the night but I was still working in pain throughout the week. Today my knees are sore but not shaky or weak.

I'm going to attend the last session next week and see how it goes. The only downside is that the local pool is nowhere near as warm as the hydro pool
leewhyte
UKFM Member

Postby Tracie » Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:20 pm

I had physio three sessions and made me worse,love lying in the hot jacuzzi at our pool.
Tracie
UKFM Member

Postby Lizzyear » Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:11 am

Thank you for your replies. Fingers crossed for tomorrow!! :yikes: :yikes:
Lizzyear
UKFM Member

Postby MichelleJ » Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:42 pm

Personally I would stick with it as hopefully the pain will lessen. I found first couple hard going but by the end of it, 8 sessions for me, it was really helping. Just tell them how it effects u so they can better tailor your exercises. I now swim twice weekly following on from hydro. Had got to 16 x 25 metre lengths each time but following my relapse I'm currently built back to 10 lengths and holding that for now. If my pain is really bad like today, I go to the jacuzzi at the gym instead and do some gentle leg exercises in there and that helps too.
Dx with fibromyalgia m.e/Cfs and asthma
MichelleJ
UKFM Member

Postby evie15 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:50 pm

Hi, how are getting along with it now?

I had a course but it made me so tired and the pain much worse afterwards, during was nice, especially after the first one where I did too much so I had muscle spasms but the others were very, very gentle, however the after pain and fatigue made it b=not worth the time sadly.
evie15
UKFM Member

Postby Sue1968 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:53 pm

Hi, I had hydrotherapy yesterday and today, well.....I'm in so much pain that I'm constantly combusting into tears and cannot get any relief from my painkillers, I'm on nortriptyline, gabapentin, tramadol, paracetamol, and none of them seem to be having any effect at all today, a few days ago, I was great in no pain at all. I'm currently in the process of tidying my house, I'm off sick from work(forced sickness) and I just think I've over done it a whole lot. I keep asking th doctor for other meds but he jus tells me to increase the nortriptyline and has added another gabapentin to my lunch meds( I've just reduced my gabapentin from 1200 mg 3 x a day to 600mg twice a day and now it's been upped to 300mg at lunchtime) I have Los a stone and a half just by reducing this med, so I was very reluctant to hav the lunch one, I'm not really taking tht unless I'm really in too much pain. Has anyone else got any suggestions of other meds h I can ask my GP if I can try?
Sue1968
UKFM Member

Return to Treatments & Medication