[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Side effects to all meds tried

Side effects to all meds tried

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Side effects to all meds tried

Postby Butterfly1972 » Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:05 pm

Hi, is it just me or do we Fibromyalgia sufferers seem to be intolerant to meds. My GP keeps trying with different meds, the hospital consultant keeps trying different meds but my body seems to say "NO"!!!. The meds either give me hives/urticaria or so dizzy and sick that its just unbearable. Been referred to Pain Clinic so will see what they are able to suggest, although only pain relief that I can tolerate is co-codamol 8/500mg :shock:
So far tried:
Amiltrip.....zombie!!
Fluoxetine......hives
Lyrica ......zombie to start , then really aggressive -threatened to stab husband :evil:
Tramadol...slept forever
Codeine....worst headaches ever experienced
Pramipexole ......insomnia,dizzy,hot/cold sweats, dizzy, nausea,confusion(nothing new there)

Optimistic that this Fibromyalgia goes away soon :-D
Butterfly1972
Butterfly1972
UKFM Newbie

Re: Side effects to all meds tried

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:26 pm

Being hypersensitive and intolerant to meds and treatments isn't unusual for us unfortunately. Some reactions can be rather extreme, resulting in treatment being needed to bring the reaction down to a more bearable/manageable state.

For me, my worst problems always seem to come from things like supplements and the more natural/herbally/alternative~type treatments. Even herbal teas like chamomile make me :puke: :puke: :puke: What I do find quite ironic tho is that the pharmaceutical prescribed meds have always given me the least problems :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby latmaz » Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:10 pm

butterfly i am not much help but thought i would reply just to say u are NOT alone as i have the same problems. whatever i take it has bad effects. like u i get nauseous a lot or i am a zombie (or both) so i end up not taking anything. (i have just been prescribed butrans patches but i am VERY nervous about taking them)

the only thing i find that helps is the chiropracty and acupuncture that i have. i have all but given up on meds and their side effects as i feel worse then just putting up with the FM

hope u find something that helps
latmaz
UKFM Member

Postby Purpledot » Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:22 pm

I'm not much help either, I'm afraid, but just wanted to say that I, too, am ultra-sensitive to all medication. I can't even take Paracetamol without feeling ill!

My GP is slowly trying everything, but, so far, we're not having much luck!

He has now started mentioning Duloxatine, but I am really reluctant to try it. Has anyone else had any adverse reaction to this??

Hope you manage to find something that suits you soon, latmaz.
Purpledot
UKFM Member

Return to Treatments & Medication