[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Pain clinic visit

Pain clinic visit

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Pain clinic visit

Postby Faith12 » Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:02 pm

I went to the pain clinic and the Doctor said he had nothing to offer me. He said pills only marginally work. He suggested a book on meditation called the mindfulness manifesto Look it up on the web. I was really overwhealmed by a lack of help and being sent home with nothing I have been in serious pain for eight months and G<P<s have been awful giving me pills that put me in a state of semi. consciousness. I was prescrinbed a pain patch which did not relief the pain although it is supposed to be more powerful than mor[phine It has made my eyes blurry so please forgive my poor typing One eye sees close up and the other far away. I have been suicidal much of the time and feel that the doctors are responsible for this and the lack of care and interest. They have been negligent, I weas prescribed Baclofen anf then The Fentanyl patch which doctor at pain clinic said to stop as I was still In pain. I have had cancer in the past and it was easier to cope with, I seem powerless to fight back and get myself better Any help would be most welcome
Faith12
UKFM Member

Re: Pain clinic visit

Postby gary15871 » Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:00 pm

after 3 years going thru rhumy I have been refered to pain clinic as they cant do no more to help me tried anti tnf blockers and to no avail so going on this I don't hold out much hope been in pain for many yrs be4 being diagnosed with ankylosing spondylitis and fibro also to boot hypovitaminosis been on steroids for opast year but due to weight gain being taken off them I remember pre steroids I was basically broken
gary15871
UKFM Member

Postby mabel » Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:19 pm

im discharged from rheumatology too and waiting for pain clinic apt which will have to chase up with gp. who has been useless with helping me manage ths condition over the last 10 years.
so sorry to hear you have also had cancer and your comment amazed but moved me....I hav a friend under going chemo I cant mention my fibro to her. seems so trivial in comparison and I bet she would rather the agony of fibro instead.
mabel
UKFM Member

Postby bulldog7274 » Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:57 pm

i must be very lucky as the doctor imunder at my local pain management clinic is really good and supportive and listens to what i say and was even supportive when i burst into tears because of the pain and depression :oops: :lol:
bulldog7274
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:42 am

Faith...... Please go back to the pain clinic and explain about what is going on. You say they gave you Fentanyl patches...what dose and how long were you to leave patch on before changing? Also....how long were you using the patch before you stopped. I found the few pain clinics I have visited have really helped. There are so many options of things to try. The clinic should be offering more advice on treatment. If you are not happy with the Dr ask to see another. I have been dealing with fibro, like others here, a long time 24 years. Sadly, patience is something we need to be able to find the right treatment. Let us know what happens please.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby kend223 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:59 pm

hi, i was on the fentanyl patches and they are crap, ask your dr for mst 30mg, i take two a day of them plus a whole load of tablets but the mst work better than the patches, hope this helps
kend223
UKFM Newbie

Postby whoami » Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:07 pm

Ken....I am sorry Fentanyl did not work for you. I have had fibro for 24 years and for the past 8 I have been on Fentanyl patches. The same dose now for a few years. Fentanyl, is what works for me. I have tried numerous other medications. I still take something on occasion for breakthrough pain but I would not be able to do basic day to day living without it. It does take a while for it to work and to get the right amount your body needs.

It is good to know what works for people and the variety of options for treatment. We have to remember we are all different in many ways so what one persons treatment is might not work for someone else.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby gimpyphil » Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:47 am

Hi,When I lived in London I went to pain clinic at Chelsea and Westminister,the doctor I saw called me a liar that I had pain atall.I now live in West Sussex and on 30th I go to pain clinic at Bognor hospital,wonder what will happen this time? My GP has no idea why painkillers do not stop my pain,this has been going on for ten years.
gimpyphil
UKFM Member

Postby gary15871 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:54 pm

gary15871
UKFM Member

Return to Treatments & Medication