Dehydrated ??

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Dehydrated ??

Postby E-Bunny » Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:03 pm

Hi Guys,

I am not normally a water drinker.. I prefer to drink diet cola, ribena, fresh OJ etc... But today I have been guzzling down water like there is no tomorrow o.O

I am already on my 3rd litre of water ( nearly finished it ) and havent been for a pee once lol :roll:

Can it be that my meds ( Lyrica ) are dehydrating me ?

Tina x
E-Bunny
UKFM Member

Re: Dehydrated ??

Postby whoami » Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:01 pm

I only drink water, boiled or cold.

How much liquid do you normally drink? I remember once my nurse saying as long as you urinate 500ml a day you are ok. I have gone 18hours without urinating before. This happens when I am completely exhausted and sleep.

I would think if you get the urge to urinate but can't or you start to feel very bloated or painful then you may have a problem and need to see someone.

Some days , I will fill the jug in the fridge 8 or 9 times. Other days not as much.

I wouldn't worry about drinking the water right now, however excessive amounts of water continuously can damage your liver.

Meds can make you retain fluid. Watch your ankles. If your gut feeling say's get things checked then do so. I would think by this evening you will be fine if you have never had issues before.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby Ria Landon » Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:12 pm

I've been exactly the same recently. About a week ago I spent around 3 days just drinking loads of water..... very unlike me! It has slowed down now but I am still drinking more than usual. I've got an appointment with gp next week and will mention it as I know it can be a sign of diabetes. (Don't mean to scare you) Hope not for you or me, I really couldn't stand another thing to add to my long list of ailments! Probably just the warm weather. :-D
Ria Landon
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:51 am

hopefully just the weather but the others are right get it checked out if you think its carrying on for too long I'm a diabetic and can only describe the thirst as raging, its horrible your throat and tongue just feel so thick and just just drink and drink without any quenching but as with everything else its different for each of us and there are varying levels of symptoms so if in doubt, check it out :-D :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Treatments & Medication