[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - LIGNOCAINE INFUSION ...

LIGNOCAINE INFUSION ...

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

LIGNOCAINE INFUSION ...

Postby Diane N » Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:39 am

Hi

I've tried just about every treatment available for FM. Including hydrotherapy and acupuncture.

Low dose antidepressants did nothing for me neither did many of the pain relief meds I tried

I now take high dose co-codamol 2 tabs 4 times a day, Tramadol when needed and Pregablin.

Pregablin is an excellent drug BUT I personally can only tolerate a low dose without feeling zombified which I need to avoid due to needing to drive.

My pain was pretty well managed until approx. 6 months ago when it got a lot worse and nothing seemed to help me so my consultant suggested a lignocaine infusion.

This has to be done in a hospital treatment room because it can affect heart rate, breathing etc so a doctor and nurses have to stay with you during the procedure.

The infusion took 30 mins and although I felt disorientated and very sleepy the benefits were immediate.

This doesn't work for everyone and the benefits/pain relief can last anything from 2 days to 12 weeks when it can be repeated.

All I can say is wow wow wow this treatment has given me my life back (2 weeks since I had it done and i'm feeling pretty damn good)
I still have some pain and if I overdo things (which is how I roll) I suffer a lot but only for a matter of 24 hours rather than being laid up for several days.

I'm hoping and praying I'm one of the lucky ones who enjoys the benefits for the full 12 weeks and I will keep you informed

Watch this space :-D :-D :-D

Di
Diane N
UKFM Newbie

Re: LIGNOCAINE INFUSION ...

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:32 am

It's always good to hear when someone finds something that is helping them, it gives up that little bit extra hope to carry on trying things to see if we can each find our own little bit of easing in things :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

Lignocaine infusions pop up on here now and again, and as you have said, aren't helpful for everyone :( :( :( :( However, those that it does help have said just how much of a benefit it has given them as some have felt pretty much normal for the first time in a long, long while.

Hopefully you will be one of those who benefit from it's effects for a good number of weeks, and it will carry on like that for you each time you have the infusion :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Re: LIGNOCAINE INFUSION ...

Postby Ria Landon » Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:39 pm

That's brilliant Diane, I'm really pleased for you and I hope it lasts forever!

I had this done 2 weeks ago but sadly it hasn't made much difference to me. I would say probably a 10-20% improvement on back and rib pain but hasn't improved any other symptoms. Although saying that I'm having an RA flare up with quite bad photosensitivity at the moment so that's not helping much as all these symptoms seem to exacerbate each other. I'm currently taking 40mg morphine per day and 2 co codamol x4 times a day and cant believe I can still be in so much pain! Gabapentin, Pregablin and Tramadol don't agree with me and now this Lignocaine infusion hasn't helped much I'm not sure what they're going to try me on next. I'll try anything!!

Well done you and long may the good feeling continue

xx
Ria Landon
UKFM Member

Return to Treatments & Medication