[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Naproxen - whats your experience

Naproxen - whats your experience

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Naproxen - whats your experience

Postby pinky1 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:48 pm

I've had to come off the celebrex has I had been having terrible indigestion to the point where I thought I was about to have a heart attack. So my GP gave me naproxen to try yesterday. Haven't tried it yet.

Whos's taken it and whats your experience with it?

x
pinky1
UKFM Member

Re: Naproxen - whats your experience

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:57 pm

Did your GP offer you anything to help with the indigestion??? With the number of different things we take, indigestion and reflux are quite common problems for us, so it's not unusual for something like Lansoprazole or Omeprazole to form part of our cocktails.

I've been on Naproxen for a good couple of years now and haven't had any issues with it. I'm not exactly sure how effective it is in itself, as it forms part of the whole mix of things to help take the edge off how I feel.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby anteucke » Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:06 pm

I have been on Naproxen for just over a year now. I thought it made no difference as I still felt stiff most days, until I did not take them for 4 days and could not move! You will need another med to line your stomach though like omeprazole.
anteucke
UKFM Newbie

Postby pinky1 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:21 pm

Thanks folks,
yep I've been on omeprazole for a while. I was hoping they would help with the clebrex side effects but side effects but they didn't.

Well I may as well go munch one now haha
x
pinky1
UKFM Member

Postby lorrie123 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:13 pm

Hi i'm on omeprazol because of reflux due to meds, i have had naproxen and it didn't help at all. Hope you have some luck with it
lorrie123
UKFM Member

Postby pinky1 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:35 pm

pinky1
UKFM Member

Postby Eileenb » Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:17 pm

Hi I was given Naproxen a while ago and I was already taking Lansoprazole (you do need something when you take Naproxen) but I also got diazepam 2mg to take along with it and the benefits are great!! If I don't have the diazepam, it doesn't work the same so there must be something in the combination. I'm like most people here, I have taken a wide range of meds to try and get something to work and this works for me fortunately. Hope it works for you too! :-D
Eileenb
UKFM Newbie

Postby frances A » Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:44 pm

hi, last week I could hardly stagger- on the advice of a Forum I went to drs ( celulitus)- yes you were right + a touch of gout in nearest joint, hey ho, what'sa bit more pain! anyway along with the antibiotics he prescribed Naproxen, almost painfree ! Marvelous! will it last- who knows? but I thought I'd look on here & ask- & its already here. But I see everyone mentions acid reflux etc-I'm already on Lanzaprozol as I have a large gallstone, and have burnt my vocal chords causing a croaky voice, so is it to be pain v acid ?!
frances A
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:28 pm

I was told Napraxen should only be used for short periods of time if you have tummy problems (which I do) so I am on omeprazole to help but I do find it helps with 'joint' pains not so much the muscular ones hope its helping you :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Treatments & Medication