[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Pregabilan (again sorry)

Pregabilan (again sorry)

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Pregabilan (again sorry)

Postby keaedmondson » Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:36 pm

Hi all,
I discovered this brilliant forum when I was looking for information on Pregabilan. So I have read lots on here. But now I am due to start on it tomorrow, I'm getting concerned. I guess I just need reassurance from you guys really.
My doctor has been very vague and I'm struggling to get information out of her.
She said she would put me on 150 mg, three tablets a day, does this sound about right? When I looked it up on the medication websites it seemed to suggest that 3 to 450 was a better dosage. Should I start on 150 and then go back to her and say I need more depending on how I feel?
She also said I should start it slowly, I've gathered that she meant one tablet tomorrow, two the following day, three on Monday. I will ask the pharmacist of course, but does this sound right? She seems to have, put me on them in a very rushed way and although I know it is a proven FM treatment I'm not sure she really knows.
Thanks.
Kirsten.
keaedmondson
UKFM Member

Re: Pregabilan (again sorry)

Postby deanna dimech » Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:44 pm

See how you go, I take 150mg a day and any more I'm like a zombie so start low. I started on 100mg a day . Good luck I hope it helps.
deanna dimech
UKFM Member

Postby clubsound4 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:56 pm

Hi.I was started 5 weeks ago on this drug,25mg at night for 3 nights then 25mg morn and nite for 3 days, I increased the dose like this as was advised by my pain clinic until I was on 125mg morn and 125mg at nite Unfortunately however I have had to start reducing the dose as I suffered really swollen and sore feet which is a noted side effect of this drug ,,Its not for me so back to the drawing board but very good luck :-D
clubsound4
UKFM Member

Postby anonymouse » Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:33 am

I wrote in an article once "You would normally start at around 50mg twice or three times a day and after time steadily increase up to a maximum of 450mg in total for the day." unless directed I would probably give a week between dose increases although your Pharmacist would be the best person to ask other than your GP who prescribed it. I would try and get a medical opinion like these if to can. Unfortunately the online BNF is down at the moment so I can't look it up.

Be careful when considering what effect the drug had on other people, they all have totally different side effects for different people. Just because you had a similar drug once does not mean you will react the same at all etc it really is different in my experience. I like the fact you mentioned the Pharmacist as a good one can be a really good resource, I miss my old Pharmacist a lot and they are so much easier to have a quick word with than a GP and also usually (only in my experience) far more happy to help.

Good luck with it, as side effects differ between people so do the benefits so I really hope it helps with your Fibro :-)

Anonymouse
anonymouse
UKFM Member

Postby PhoebeCat » Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:42 am

I started on 75mg morning and evening and was on that for a week then told to increase the evening dose to 2 x 75mg for a week. Now I am on 150mgs morning and evening. I havent suffered any side effects from it but I am still waiting to see if this is enough or whether I need to increase again but I've only been on this dose since Tuesday, so I will see how I get on with it once it has been in my system a few more days. Hope it helps with your Fibro
PhoebeCat
UKFM Member

Return to Treatments & Medication