No more Diclofenac Sodium?

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

No more Diclofenac Sodium?

Postby lurcher » Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:06 pm

Received a letter from my surgery this week to say they have taken the liberty of stopping my prescriptions for Diclofenac sodium. They mention that I am at risk of Heart Attack or Stroke! Wonder if these pills have been stopped for others as well? :crazy:
lurcher
UKFM Member

Re: No more Diclofenac Sodium?

Postby SuzyVB » Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:28 pm

I was taken of them about 18 months ago for that reason but have been put on naproxen instead.
SuzyVB
UKFM Member

Postby Foz » Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:37 pm

my friend has had hers stopped as well :yikes:
Foz
UKFM Member

Postby mrspeahen » Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:44 pm

Yes, mine was also stopped about 9 months' ago, as Dr thought it was beginning to give me stomach problems. :-? Now take Brufen S/R which seems to work just as well. Good Luck finding something that works as well for you. :-)
mrspeahen
UKFM Newbie

Postby denys » Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:20 pm

Mine too I also am now on Napraxen
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby sknowles456 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:48 pm

Yes my mum who took diclofenac had it withdrawn with the same reasons given. She is upset because diclofenac was the only thing that helped her shoulders and her cervical spondylitis. Naproxem doesnt work and she has been given another tablet ~(cant remember the name) which still does not work. But i have told her to stop taking the ones she has left as i dont want her at risk of stroke or heart attack as she is 65.
sknowles456
UKFM Member

Return to Treatments & Medication