medication

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

medication

Postby andynev67 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:18 pm

hi everyone. ive recently been diagnosed with FMS and was wondering what meds anyone takes?
im on 40mg citalopram and 50mg amitryptiline/ ive got cocodamol and ibuprofen but they dont do an awful lot for the pain :(
so i was wondering what anyone has been prescribed?
i appreciate your input :-D
andynev67
UKFM Newbie

Re: medication

Postby jackiecarr » Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:44 pm

I take Antitripline, doc just put me up to 70mg today. Also take robot in, naproxen, and codeine, and morphine liquid as and wen I need it. I have had Fibro for a yr. I have been doing courses to learn how to cope. I find pacing really good, and if my body needs sleep I sleep. Up till a couple of mths ago I would fight it. Just do what your body tells you. I have just got back from Asda doing my weekly shop and my legs are killing. So I will rest now. Hope you find my tip useful. Gentle hugs xx
jackiecarr
UKFM Newbie

Postby andynev67 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:24 pm

thanks jackie, morphine is what i need!!. got to see rheumatologist next month so i hope they will prescribe something, im sure you will all agree that you get fed up waking to the same old pains day after day after day' my eyes ,ears and throat are killers, as are my pelvis shoulders and collarbone' new pains discovered everyday!!
andynev67
UKFM Newbie

Postby denys » Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:01 pm

Hi Andy there seem to be a hundred and one meds that members (and others) are on, the list seems exhaustive due I suppose to the fact that no 2 of us are alike so what works for one doesnt work for another.

I take Pregablin (Lyrica)
Citalopram
Dosulepin
Alverine citrate
pitzotifen
paracetomol
Napraxen
plus other stuff for other conditions
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Karou » Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:26 pm

Hi,

I currently take cymbalta (duloxetine) 60mg at night, tramadol 100mg up to 4 times a day, paracetamol and ibuprofen if that alone won't help and alverine citrate. I also take vitamin d, b complex, calcium and magnesium.

I've tried natural pain relief like devils root but it didn't seem to do anything for me after 3 months so I stopped but again, what didn't work for me might work for others. If you decide to take herbal things I'd still recommend to discuss it with your doctor as they too can have side effects or interact with other medication. :-)

I hope you'll soon find out what works for you. :goodluck1:

Gentle hugs,

Karou
Gentle :hugs: :hugs: , Karou

“Wishes are false. Hope is true. Hope makes its own magic.” - Brimstone
Karou
UKFM Member

Return to Treatments & Medication