what pills ?

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

what pills ?

Postby painprincess1 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:06 pm

ok hi all , i no everyone is different and i no different pills work for different ppl . but i have gabapentin 100mg andcarbamazpine 100mg
thing is dr give me both these at different times and i was to scared to take them im now at the point where the tramadol and paracetamol isnt working well enough to help with the pain.dr ringing my Monday but thought id ask what do u think is the better one less side affect's and can u take pain killers still , i don't indent to start till Monday so don't worry but i would like some input.xxxxxxxxxx hope u are all feeling good today :-D
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Re: what pills ?

Postby kazza65 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:32 pm

Hi Pain Princess

I take Pregabalin 200mg 3 times a day
MST continus 15mg twice a day then 30 mg at night
Amitriptyline 30 to 40 mgs at night
Oramorph as when needed.

I hope this helps i haven't really had any side effects from any of the drugs. The only one i was really bad with was oxycontin and was in A & E for 4 hours due to a reaction from it.
Live life to the full as you don't know when it will end xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
kazza65
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:50 pm

We cant tell you which is best painprincess we dont know your medical history and so may make things very much worse for you. The only thing you can do really is to go to your doc and discuss it with them explaining your fears and they should be able to give you all the right information :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: you get some relief soon
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Karou » Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:09 pm

Hiya,

I was wondering if you could try and ring the NHS direct? I've done that when my doctor put me on tramadol and cymbalta and I got really worried about mixing them and the side effects.

Gentle hugs,

Karou
Gentle :hugs: :hugs: , Karou

“Wishes are false. Hope is true. Hope makes its own magic.” - Brimstone
Karou
UKFM Member

Postby painprincess1 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:28 am

thanks all dont worry deny im not going to take anything without talking to my dr.i just wondered if many ppl got side affects from the to drugs i was talking about ,hugs xxx
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:01 pm

Hope you get sorted out :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Treatments & Medication