[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - citalopram

citalopram

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

citalopram

Postby armfaw » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:12 am

dr has just given these to me, for depression, until I am diagnosed, by the rheumatologist .anyone else tried them do they help?
armfaw
UKFM Member

Re: citalopram

Postby Janet Poole » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:33 am

Hi. . I've had them but they didn't suit me made me shake and panic but i do suffer from anxiety my friend took them and he was over the moon with them i think it's one of them things you have to give a go. . Not very helpful i know but good luck xxx
Janet Poole
UKFM Member

Postby armfaw » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:38 am

armfaw
UKFM Member

Postby lindalou » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:53 am

i have been on them for years just 1 a day i used to take it in a morning but now take it in the evening as it helps me settle down as i get snappy at noises etc i have had no ill effects as only on low dosage
lindalou
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:58 am

I personally find taking any new med to be better when I start it at night as any side effects I do experience tend to be ones that make me feel :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: so I figure I might as well try and get some sort of benefit out of them.

WRT the list of side effects a med can have, what you need to remember is that it tends to come from what a good number of people will have experienced over a period of time, and that you are very unlikely to experience every single one listed. The pharmaceutical industry always has to err on the side of caution, which is why so many possibilities are listed. If not, it would leave them open to dog knows how many cases of litigation with people claiming it has made them experience all sorts of problems that weren't mention on the info leaflet.

With any new med, it's always best to try and keep your mind open about it, as well as not worrying about what it might do to you/make you feel like at first, as usually any side effects experienced do tend to start easing off after a while as your system starts to get used to the med being in it.

Citalopram really did very little for me until I got up to 50mg, and not long after I started on that level, new advice about dosage levels came out which said that 40mg was the max dosage that could be prescribed. Just because it hasn't helped others tho, it doesn't mean that it will be the same for you. You could quite possibly find that it helps make you feel an awful lot more settled, less anxious/worried which is always a much more preferable way to be.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby armfaw » Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:10 am

armfaw
UKFM Member

Postby armfaw » Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:16 am

armfaw
UKFM Member

Postby Acei » Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:29 am

Been on them for years even before I was diagnosed with FMS. Find them very good at taking the edge off anxiety. I'm on a low dose - 20mg p.m. with no ill effects.
Acei
UKFM Member

Postby armfaw » Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:31 am

armfaw
UKFM Member

Postby Lemonzest2012 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:39 am

I was on this for a year, the weight I gained was insane :(
Lemonzest2012
UKFM Member

Postby armfaw » Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:49 pm

armfaw
UKFM Member

Postby fibro-lu » Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:45 pm

hi,

was on them a few years back, can't remember dosage etc
they did help with the depression

then after a long time I thought "hmmm, there is still something missing"
and GP put me on venlafaxine
let me try and explain in very lay words:
venla has the same ingrediences as cital plus something else or
venla works like cital on something in the brain plus on something else on the brain or
maybe both
as far as I remember
give them a go, do you have anything to loose?
all the best :cow-wave: Lu
Mind over Matter: in mind I'm Wonderwoman - in matter, well, - don't mind, doesn't matter
fibro-lu
UKFM Regular

Postby armfaw » Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:02 pm

well I am a wimp :( I didn't take them.. seeing dr Friday then I am seeing the rheumatologist next Wednesday , ..
armfaw
UKFM Member

Postby ru.campbell » Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:29 pm

I love citalopram. It's great for anxiety and fibro so it's a double whammy. Like anything it won't suit everyone but I'm on 30mg and its fab.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk -
ru.campbell
UKFM Member

Postby armfaw » Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:12 pm

went to drs today she said start on 10mg see how I get on....
armfaw
UKFM Member

Return to Treatments & Medication