[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - acupuncture and massage

acupuncture and massage

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

acupuncture and massage

Postby Wackers34 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:58 am

today I tried acupuncture and massage, (the first massage I have had since fibromyalgia)
I was a bit wary of the needles, but ended up being fine...I have felt great after it all day!
I do ache quite a bit, but in a nice tired sort of way.

Has anyone else tried acupuncture, what was your experience and did your legs feel really heavy afterwards?

It made my blood pressure rise a bit, which is usually really low so that is good for me, and slowed my heart rate down from 104 to 70.

I think the Tai Nu massage I had with it, has sorted my strange neck clunking I was getting...

Of course tomorrow I will probably either hurt lots or feel much better in myself

*Update - I did ache for 2 days after but now im ok - is it normal to ache that much after massage?
Wackers34
UKFM Member

Re: acupuncture and massage

Postby elfval » Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:01 am

Hi! I have been having acupuncture, 6 sessions and my last one is next week. I have had a massive improvement, esp in my walking which was really painful previously :)
My energy levels have also greatly increased :-D
She does a tiny bit of massage to but not a lot as she says i seem very tender. I ache where the needles have been but i guess that will be normal for folk with fibro...
Did you have any more sessions? Did the good feeling last? Im dreading stopping the sessions in case it all goes back to normal pain levels :-? I am having it on the NHS so will find out if im allowed any more!
elfval
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:01 pm

I would imagine you would ache quite a bit after a massage as they will be working on your muscles which are all tight, glad to hear you are feeling ok and that both of you have found something that helps :-D :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:10 pm

Been a very, very long time since I had a massage, so I don't know if aching afterwards is a usual thing, or one of those little extras that FM likes to throw in for us to deal with :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

I've just had my appt come thru for Pain Management and I'm hoping that thru them I'll be able to try out something like acupuncture as my options med~wise seem to be reducing :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby SuzyVB » Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:24 pm

I think some people find it really helpful. Personally I find massages excruciating and they normally trigger my thigh muscles to spasm and twitch for days afterwards. But those that have said they do help have said they are a godsend so I guess the only way to find out is to try for yourself.
SuzyVB
UKFM Member

Postby LouLou » Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:16 pm

Hi Wackers

I have been having aromatherapy massage once a week for the last year and a bit now and find it really does help me. My mums qualified and uses when they call Stage One Massage which is the lightest pressure applied to the body.

I always find I hurt more in the hours after my massage and for the next day, plus I feel more tired but by the second day afterwards my energy levels have a bit of a boost and the pain levels really subside.

I normally have mine on a Saturday afternoon so by the Monday morning I'm feeling much better for work.
What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger ;-)
LouLou
UKFM Regular

Return to Treatments & Medication