[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Acupuncture

Acupuncture

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Acupuncture

Postby leetankers » Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:57 am

Hi all I just wondered if anyone had tried this and if it was any good for them?Here I am again not sleeping in pain and not knowing what I can try.I have taken 100mg of amitrypyline 200 mg of pregabalin,tramadol and a couple of co codamols and I just can,t get to sleep!Really am getting sick of this disease I just never know when or if another good day will come around.Sorry to go on about this and my ex partner got that sick of me moaning that she got rid of me!I don,t blame her either as I get sick of hearing myself!Any suggestions at all from anyone and I will try it.Thanks in advance, Lee.Ps Sorry about moaning.x
leetankers
UKFM Member

Re: Acupuncture

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:57 am

Hello Lee. Sorry to hear about your relationship :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: There isn't a single area in our lives that this flamin' condition doesn't affect, taint and spoil :too-upset: :too-upset: :too-upset: :too-upset: :too-upset:

It's another of those things where it helps some, but for others it makes no difference, and as usual, the only way to find out is to give it a go and see what happens. It can accessed thru pain clinics in some areas, and you get a number of free sessions, so it might be worth looking into whether it is available in your area or not.

I'm in a very similar position to you hurtys and lack of :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: wise, and am interested in trying acupuncture as well as other non~med based treatments to see if they can help me. I've got an appt with Pain Management Solutions who run pain clinics for NHS patients where I live in just over a week to see what they can advise and provide that might help make a difference to me.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby latmaz » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:54 am

hi i have acupuncture and have had (along with chiropractory) for many years. personally i swear by the combination of the 2 therapies and dont believe i would be even walking without them (i also have damaged discs)

recently i have been having acupuncture in my arms on the NHS, i had 6 weeks and have now been referred for long term and am awaiting to hear re that.

i know not everyone feels it helps but i truly do for me
latmaz
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:07 pm

Glad its helping Latmaz, hope it works for you too Lee. I'm sorry to hear about your relationship and dont apologise for having a moan it helps sometimes to just off load
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby leetankers » Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:14 am

Just to say thanks for the replies and I will just have to put up with it until my next rheumatologists appointment.Lee :crazy:
leetankers
UKFM Member

Postby Iceskatemum » Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:37 am

So sorry to hear that things aren't going well for you at the moment, I totally agree this syndrome is c*** and we all deserve a little break from the pain , beffudled brain and every thing else. :needhug:

I have tried acupuncture a couple of time and got very good results and as for my chiro he is a magic man for like you I have suffered from a damaged disc and like your Chiro mine worked wonders and got me up and about when all I could see was additions months of going for treatment and nothing working :nono:

One of the things that can help me sleep are Epsom salt baths they seem to relax the muscles & dampen down the jumpy legs I woudl also get.. I got ordinary Epsom salts from the chemist and then added them to a warm bath I would start off with one or two table spoons until it was almost a third of the packet.

Good luck
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby lrgatrell88 » Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:54 pm

Try acupuncture if you can. It really helped me. I was on 28 tablets a day before it and had tried most other treatments.

I find acupuncture really good. I have it on the nhs but also pay for top ups in between. Xx
lrgatrell88
UKFM Member

Return to Treatments & Medication