[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - lyrica

lyrica

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

lyrica

Postby karen42 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:48 pm

Finally been prescribed lyrica from the doctor at the pain clinic only side effects iv had is dizziness.The doctor his weaning me on to them slowly he has started me on 50mg for a week then 100mg for a week then 150mg for a week. then im up to 300mg after that is Anyone else on this medication.And have you noticed a difference in your pain I haven't noticed any difference yet any info would be very much appreciated
karen42
UKFM Member

Re: lyrica

Postby kazza65 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:59 pm

Hi

Yes i have been on lyric for about 2 years now and have had no trouble from them i take 200 mg to which i was told that was the maximum do i could take.

Just give them time to get into your system because your body has to get used to them.

Hope that gives you some item. But like all medication if it doesn't agree with you then see your doctor. I was on Gabapentin and they gave me nightmares so my gp changed them for me.

karen xxx
Live life to the full as you don't know when it will end xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
kazza65
UKFM Member

Postby derekh » Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:01 pm

i have been on 25mg twice a day for about 2 weeks but havent done much for my pain but im going to give it a chance it also helps with anxiety
derekh
UKFM Member

Postby poocarlin » Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:44 pm

I am on 300mg twice a day. No difference in pain but it helped me sleep. I loved it...... But it has caused a lot of weight gain so I tried coming off it. OMG!! Felt like a heroin junkie going cold turkey. Hot sweats, diarrhoea etc. No sleep. I repeat, NO sleep. Laying there for hours. Lasted a week then gave in and took one. Hate that I HAD to take it just to feel 'normal'.
poocarlin
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:36 pm

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Denbev » Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:38 pm

hi i used to take it but it did nothing for the pain+i cudnt cope with the side effects i didnt feel safe to drive+gained weight so had to come off them now,im now trying duloxotine so i hope these work as last resort is morphine patches!!!!
Denbev
UKFM Member

Postby clubsound4 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:31 pm

Hi I was on lyrica and I thought no don't read the leaflet for the side effects just take as prescribed but after 3 weeks my feet started to swell, honest my poor feet looked and felt like the elephant man, I still took them then decided to read the side effects and swelling feet was dangerous and to seek medical advice, but me being me decided to go cold turkey I thought stop them don't wean myself off,I was like a woman possessed, so snappy and shakes, the runs etc had to start taking them then reducing, they helped the pain but I could not suffer the side effects, that was 2 months ago and Im now on Gabepentin, no side effects but not helping with the pain so far,,but my main point is everyone is different, it may suit some but not all :crazy:
clubsound4
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:46 am

Been on them for a good while I take 300mg twice a day and yes they do take the edge off I had side effects at the beginning but am OK now
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Graciebaby » Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:00 pm

I have been taking Lyrica for a while now.
It helps a lot with the neuropathic pain (burning, tingling, stabbing etc) Initially I remember feeling peculiar when I first went on them, rather like being on a merry go round, dizzy and a but nauseous, but it wore off after a couple of weeks.

Unfortunately, as many folks on here have found, Lyrica does cause weight gain. I have tried to keep my dosage as low as possible in an effort to control the weight gain, but I think it needs increasing, as I'm starting to get break through pain.

I think Lyrica is also supposed to help with things like restless leg syndrome. I wasn't aware that it is supposed to help with anxiety (I also take Duloxetine which is meant to help with both pain and mood)

Everyone is different with the way they respond to medication, so it's best to just give it a go and see how you feel with it and if you think you are getting any benefit from it.

G. X
Graciebaby
UKFM Member

Postby frances A » Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:10 pm

been on them for several years- didnt think they helped until i was taken off by new dr- then i knew they did ! back on them again!
frances A
UKFM Member

Postby karen42 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:14 pm

Hi all
Made it up to the 150mg dose just feel a little dizzy like the feeling you get when you know you have had one too many :-D Also noticed That sometimes it makes me feel a bit giddy maybe that's a good thing because fibro has stopped me from having a normal life carnt have a odd glass of wine anymore with being on lyrica and other meds :cry: so my social life has gone no point sitting in the pub Drinking orange juice while friends and family are enjoying a alcoholic beverage.
karen42
UKFM Member

Postby karen42 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:49 pm

hi
Can anyone answer my question in total pain with my face not sure what it is but the last time I suffered this I went to my local a and e hospital they did x rays I couldn't find anything wrong I had one of those dental xrays please can you answer my question can I Take nurofen or parocetomol with my lyrica im on the 300mg dose twice daily
karen42
UKFM Member

Return to Treatments & Medication