[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - amitryptolene and sleep

amitryptolene and sleep

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

amitryptolene and sleep

Postby painprincess1 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:06 pm

well im on a small dose to alot of ppl, only 25 mg prob i have is they knock me off my feet all the next day. but worse is after a week they seem to stop working and i find myself wide awake .then i know the dr will up them , i mean where does it stop. 40 50 100 ?i cant stay awake in the day now let alone up them again.

also does anyone of u lovely ppl find yourself not only awake but your mind is going mad i mean in my head i just dont shut up i can think about anything. what i might do tomorrow what im not going to do tomorrow .will it rain will i bake a cake, i cant shut off.am i manic ,why cant i go to sleep without pills xxxx
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Re: amitryptolene and sleep

Postby derekh » Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:28 pm

know how you feel i was on amytriptyline for a few weeks but like you said they stop working am on pregabalin now but dont sleep much at night but now im exhausted this illness is really awful also on anafranil for anxiety for and
o.c.d.
derekh
UKFM Member

Postby heatherp » Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:29 pm

Sounds familiar, I only take 10mg a night, try to sometimes not have them but then like you mind just goes into overdrive so do the tingling maggoty feelings in my shoulder blades , sometimes I take 20mg if really need to sleep. Also have taken 10 at night and 10 in morning to even it out. I don't want to become reliant on them either but the pain and spasms getting worse especially now damp colder weather starting. Wish we could find a way to sleep properly :(
heatherp
UKFM Member

Postby Lyndesay » Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:33 pm

I'm on 30mg. Leave me drowsy the next day but don't help me sleep. My mind is constantly working over time especially at night. Drives me crazy. Due to see my Doctor in a few weeks and no doubt it will be increased to 40mg. Doing nothing for me at all. Hate this illness :(
Lyndesay
UKFM Newbie

Postby debstertigger » Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:17 pm

I'm on 100mg at night and unil a recent upset, they were allowing me to sleep properly and my pain was under control. But with such a high dosage I'd not expect anything less. But 2 nights of mind racing and worrying has broken any pattern I had! Don't want to go any higher as it's effecting my weight badly. Maybe sleeping but have put on a stone! Catch 22!
Hope you find your happy balance.
Xx
debstertigger
UKFM Newbie

Postby StJude » Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:43 pm

I'm on 300mg and still struggle with sleep, brain switched on all night! I've been in them for years but dose can't go any higher (thankfully). Really struggle during the day tho :(
StJude
UKFM Newbie

Postby GinaD » Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:13 pm

I was put on Amitryptolene, it did help me sleep but I was a Zombie the next day too and I work with machinery so I was changed to Nortryptolene. but I still feel dopey the next day! Is there anything to help us sleep that doesnt affect us the next day?
GinaD
UKFM Member

Postby Fibro Fi » Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:48 am

Hi!
I am on 30mg of amitriptyline and I still have the odd night where my mind does not switch off and therefore, I can't sleep. I try not to get anxious about it now as it makes it worse. I usually fall asleep around 5am and so get about 4 hours sleep then. It's so frustrating because the next day is always ruined. I never had sleep problems like this until really the start of this year. I have tried to lower my dose but then I don't sleep at all. I've got used to the after effects now so maybe in time you will too:) good luck!
Fibro Fi
UKFM Member

Postby millymoodoo » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:26 am

Hi all

I had the same problems with drowsiness the following day but i got round this problem by taking my amytriptyline at teatime usually about 5pm ish and it worked really well. I found that by the time i went to bed i was just starting to feel drowsy and didnt get chance to read as i was tired and slept really well. I think it was flup that suggested doing this but it works really well for me and because i have taken it early i found that i wasnt drowsy the next day either as it has had time to work through my system and i had had a really good sleep. Dont get me wrong i still get bad nights but as far as the amy's go it worked really well.

Milly :blowkiss: :hugs:
Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them get up!!! When life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!! Everyday is a gift which is why we call it the present
millymoodoo
UKFM Member

Postby GinaD » Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:13 pm

GinaD
UKFM Member

Postby PhoebeCat » Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:11 pm

PhoebeCat
UKFM Member

Postby painprincess1 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:36 pm

Funny u say that my dr told me taking it to early wouldn't be good as it wouldn't work.but when I was on them a few years ago that's what I did so I'm going to try taking it early xx
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Return to Treatments & Medication