[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Best Vitamins/ Supplements

Best Vitamins/ Supplements

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Best Vitamins/ Supplements

Postby Oriole » Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:18 pm

Hi All

I am newly diagnosed as having Fibro, but have been suffering the symptoms for years.

I was wondering if anyone has found any particular vitamins or supplements to be helpful in managing symptoms? I do already take Cod Liver Oil (for general health), Vitamin D and B6. Just wondering if there are any that are particularly recommended for Fibro? :-)

Thank you.
Oriole
UKFM Member

Re: Best Vitamins/ Supplements

Postby liv » Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:48 pm

I take Osteo Bi-Flex from Boots, and Turmeric and Magnesium from Healthspan. I also bathe in Epsom Salts ... buy a big 25kg bag from Ebay. I think these make a massive difference.

I am also on prescription Vit D and calcium.

Good luck :-)
liv
UKFM Member

Postby Moobaloo » Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:24 pm

I take Doctors Best 100mg high absorption Co Q10 & Doctors Best L-Carnitine, both help me with energy issues - I definitely know about it when I don't take them!
Moobaloo
UKFM Member

Postby wendy10 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:29 pm

i take gingseng, celery seed and magnesium hope this helps you x
wendy10
UKFM Member

Postby HazelB » Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:13 pm

Ok tried to reply and it didn't work ... so try again .

I take a food supplement called Daily Magic, which is a powder of 12 super foods that you mix with juice. It helps mainly with the fibro fogginess and my energy levels.

I also take vit d, vit c, magnesium spray, and a general multi vitamin. Xxx

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 4
(soft hugs)
Hazel xxx
HazelB
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:04 pm

Please talk to your doc or another health professional before taking anything extra to ensure there is no interaction with the meds you are currently prescribed
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby helen.whittaker.125 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:58 am

I take a vit b complex for energy and mood, but I have taken them on and off since my teenage years, the other thing with supplements is make sure you have the right combo as some need others to be absorbed, plenty of fresh organic veg is as good as some supplements, even if it does take me 4 hours to cook the evening meal lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -
BB Helen x
helen.whittaker.125
UKFM Member

Postby acozier » Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:05 pm

Hello
A few of my clients use OPC3 which has helped bring their pain down from a 7 to a 5. If you would like any more information send me a message.

Angela
acozier
UKFM Newbie

Postby denys » Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:36 pm

Acozier, have you been diagnosed with fibro or are you attempting to sell a product on the forum, if it is the latter then I'm sorry that is not allowed and you will be asked to stop immediately
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Oriole » Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:15 pm

Thank you all for the information and yes I will check with my GP first.
Oriole
UKFM Member

Return to Treatments & Medication