Flu Jab

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Flu Jab

Postby SuzyVB » Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:22 pm

Hi I was just wondering if anyone else has had the flu jab this year & if they have then did you have a reaction?

I've had the flu jab every year for the past 14 years & this years the first time I've had a reaction. It totally wiped me out. I had it yesterday morning & slept all afternoon & went to bed early too. On top of that I woke at 11 with chest pains & a tight chest. I took my inhaler which only helped a little. In the end I was so tired I fell asleep despite the pain. This morning after 12 hrs sleep I feel ok the pains gone & I'm back to just the usual pains from my fibro. I'm assuming that it's all been down to the flu jab.
SuzyVB
UKFM Member

Re: Flu Jab

Postby Garyl » Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:38 pm

I had no adverse effects of flu jab, this year and that's my 23rd one. A lot have had problems it seems
Garyl
UKFM Member

Postby Denbev » Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:59 pm

hi i had my flu jab weds,my arm is sore+ive been really tired+wanting to sleep all the time but i put it down to the fibro+starting my new higher dose meds?? :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:
Denbev
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:54 pm

Sounds like you have been incubating something before you had the jab, even if you didnt realise. This is generally why people end up with some awful reactions, its not the flu jab its the combination of both. Hope you are feeling better soon and at least you know you are covered for the winter :-) :-)
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby tallen60 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:29 pm

I had my flu jab on Tuesday and it took until today to feel better. All usual aches and pains were tenfold. Have never reacted like this before :-|
tallen60
UKFM Newbie

Postby PhoebeCat » Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:09 pm

I had mine a week ago and I had no reactions, not even a sore arm. I've had them for thirteen years and never had any reaction.
PhoebeCat
UKFM Member

Postby 2measures » Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:10 am

I had mine last week, no side effects, though last year I did after I had it mainly itching, but otherwise ok! :-)
2measures
UKFM Newbie

Postby felinefine » Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:35 pm

I had mine Monday its bruised and sore but nothing else
felinefine
UKFM Member

Return to Treatments & Medication