Amitriptyline - Lip Biting

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Amitriptyline - Lip Biting

Postby E-Bunny » Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:24 am

Hi Guys,

I have been on Amitriptyline for 4 weeks now ( now on 40mg per night, building up to 75mg per night ).

It has been great for sleeping at night, now having the best sleep ive had in years.

I do have a few of the side affects, dry mouth and drowsiness during the day ( only unbearable for a few days after increasing the dose ) and decreased appetite ( which is brill as it counteracts the increased weight gain i am experiencing from the pregablin :roll: ), but one side affect is really annoying me ( if it is a side affect ) !

I am constantly biting my lips and cheeks !! To the point that my mouth is really sore :-? I am not sure if this is a side affect of the Ami, but has only started since i have been taking it.

Has anyone else experienced this ? I have tried to stop, but don't even know i am doing it most the time... It really is involuntary biting :-|

I do not want to stop the Ami as for the 1st time in years ( for as long as i can remember ) I am actually able to sleep at night.

Tina x
E-Bunny
UKFM Member

Re: Amitriptyline - Lip Biting

Postby lil-burkie » Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:12 am

I used to be on ami but not anymore. However I do this all the time to the point where I have a big lump permanently in my lip and they are constantly bleeding. I dont know I am doing it until I taste the blood and even then its hard to stop xx
lil-burkie
UKFM Member

Postby felinefine » Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:29 pm

Oh my days! I hadn't really thought about this but I do it. I am now on pregabilin though.
felinefine
UKFM Member

Postby E-Bunny » Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:53 pm

Glad to hear i'm not alone XD

And i too never notice till i taste blood =/

Maybe its the Pregablin !? Or could this be a subconscious way of dealing with the stress of this horrible illness ?

Tina x
E-Bunny
UKFM Member

Postby lil-burkie » Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:06 pm

Im on pregablin so maybe. Then again my mum hasnt got fibromyalgia yet she does it when she's anxious xx
lil-burkie
UKFM Member

Postby felinefine » Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:28 pm

I've phoned the doctor and my sisters coming round I'm scared of how I feel . having terrible thoughts and can't stop crying
felinefine
UKFM Member

Postby dottymum » Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:46 am

I'm not on either drugs but the inside of my cheeks have lumps where I keep accidently biting them, and my tongue feels too big for my mouth ??
dottymum
UKFM Newbie

Postby dottymum » Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:48 am

Hang on in there felinefine it will pass good that your sister is coming round, take care of yourself xx
dottymum
UKFM Newbie

Postby felinefine » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:43 pm

THank you x
felinefine
UKFM Member

Return to Treatments & Medication