[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - starting gabapentin....stopping amitriptyline

starting gabapentin....stopping amitriptyline

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

starting gabapentin....stopping amitriptyline

Postby Wackers34 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:40 pm

ive been on 50mg amitriptyline for about 4 months now...helped at first, but has just lost its effectiveness on my pain.

After visiting the doc today, she said she would like to try me on Gabapentin...I get restless legs also and she said it would help calm this?

She said to taper off amitriptyline cut the tabs in half, so 25mg, and then take with 1 tablet of gabapentin to start with....has anyone else had this transition from amitriptyline to gabapentin?

I wanted to start Pregbalin but she said to try gabapentin first....what are the main side effects of pregbalin? Im scared to take them ...eeek
Wackers34
UKFM Member

Re: starting gabapentin....stopping amitriptyline

Postby Wackers34 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:41 pm

sorry was meant to say - what are the main side effects of Gabapentin...foggy moment!
Wackers34
UKFM Member

Postby clubsound4 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:55 pm

Hi I am on Gabapentin 3 x 300mg daily, they have helped a bit am also on Tramadol and paracetamol.. I have had no side effects touch wood but when I was on Pregablin my feet became very big and swollen a common side effect,,then changed to Gabapentin with no trouble ..soft hugs :crazy:
clubsound4
UKFM Member

Postby Janet Poole » Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:01 pm

I agree pregabalin were awful I've been on gabapentin for 4 days and a little dizzy and headache at first but nothing as bad as pregabalin . . Bite the bullet they only stay in your system for a short while so you can stop when you want if you don't like them. Good luck xx
Janet Poole
UKFM Member

Postby Cumberbatch » Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:27 pm

Hi i started gabapentin a couple of weeks ago.I hate trying new tablets in case i feel worse than normal! I have found that they make me feel slightly drunk.This does wear off though and they do seem to be taking the edge off the fibro pains.I hope this helps and you give them a try xx
Cumberbatch
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:35 pm

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Wackers34 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:52 pm

Thanks everyone...the doc has given me 300mg tabs and not 100 mg tabs as says n that NHS link. I don't know why I am so scared about taking these, never had a problem with trying the amitriptyline.

That list of side effects is enormous...Arrrrgh its so hard to know what to do sometimes :o(
Wackers34
UKFM Member

Postby Smurfy » Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:01 pm

Hi there, I have been on Gabapentin about 12 months and this last week am slowly coming off them. 600mg 3 x a day. The last few months I have been feeling very light headed, anxious, blurred vision, sickness etc. I need to know if I feel like this because of the fibro or the gabapentin. There's only one way to find out! I take 10mg amitriptyline at night, plus cocodamol and I've started Naproxen again since reducing the gabapentin. Good luck, sometimes you just have to give these things a try! :-D
Smurfy
UKFM Member

Postby pops » Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:13 pm

Ive been on pregabalin for some time and its changed my life for the
better. It may not suit everyone its a matter if trying and see Im afraid.
Sent from my GT-S5839i using Tapatalk 2
pops
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:20 pm

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Return to Treatments & Medication