[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Neuro logical programming

Neuro logical programming

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Neuro logical programming

Postby felinefine » Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:19 pm

www.thriveconsultantbrentwood.co.uk

An acquaintance sent me the above as she is a consultant, its a psychological programming system. There's a free initial consultation and then costs £75 a session.

I haven't used anything like this before and not sure if it would work. Has anyone heard of this before?

x
felinefine
UKFM Member

Re: Neuro logical programming

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:54 pm

Programmes like this occasionally get mentioned on here, another one that pops up is The Lightening Process. From what has been said about them, their roots seem to be in CBT~esque techniques, with each programme adding its own twist to the methodology.

Like most things when it comes to FM, whilst some may find it beneficial, to others it may be of little or no use at all. The costs per session can be very prohibitive, as a number of sessions close together may be needed at first, meaning a potentially significant payout is needed.

With you having the chance for a free initial consultation, you could give it a go and see how you find it. Just make sure that it is exactly that, a free initial consultation, and you attending it isn't perceived as an agreement to attend sessions that will need to be paid for. Also, if you do go for the consultation, try to keep your mind open about it, esp when it comes to the results that it could be claimed are archived by those who deliver the process.

Whilst there are those out there who can and do help, there are also those who convincingly peddle snake oil in many forms. And with you saying that the linky was sent to you by an acquaintance who is also a consultant, rather than it coming from someone who could be described as close or a good friend, a little more wariness may be prudent until you're able to determine if it has been sent for the right reasons, without an ulterior motive such as trying to drum up some new business.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby felinefine » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:41 pm

Thank you for your quick response, I was of the same mind as you, about peddling for business. The person sent me a testimonial from a 'client' the words were very similar to her own and seemed a bit to 'professional' to ring true. To be honest it made me feel even sadder than I did already that someone was trying to feed off my misery. I had posted something on facebook about being sick of being sick.

I won't be taking the offer of a free consultation, I think like meds something works for some and not others and I would have to have a certain believe in it. I have this major problem at the moment that people think its all in my head. This flare up has lasted for weeks this time and altered my life considerably especially since I have reoccurring affects from my stroke in July.

Once again thank you x
felinefine
UKFM Member

Postby fibro-lu » Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:03 pm

sounds all wise and sound what you and flupp are saying

if going to a (any) free consultation I would set my mind to: do not sign or agree to anything when there!!!!

good things will still be there tomorrow or next week or next month etc
all the best :cow-wave: Lu
Mind over Matter: in mind I'm Wonderwoman - in matter, well, - don't mind, doesn't matter
fibro-lu
UKFM Regular

Return to Treatments & Medication