Chiropractic treatment

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Chiropractic treatment

Postby Fibro Fi » Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:55 am

Hi All,
I just started seeing a chiropractor last week as experiencing more pain in neck and head than usual. Also, more intense headaches and migraines than usual.
Do any of you go the chiropractor and if so, does it help?
He keeps asking if this hurts or that hurts, and of course it all hurts! I definitely feel a little less locked up, but as I explained to him I think it's unrealistic of him to expect all the pain to go. He's trying to encourage me to think the pain away, to imagine myself it without pain. Has anyone suggested this to you too?
Basically, I'm not convinced he will be able to do too much and it's costing a fortune!
Fibro Fi
UKFM Member

Re: Chiropractic treatment

Postby FibroEllie » Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:43 am

I have being going to a chiropractor for 10 months, following a 12 month course of treatment. I do feel a lot better (my back is no where near as painful) although it it hasn't cured me. I don't like the pops at the top (neck/shoulder) and so that's always a tough one, but I wouldn't say it hurts. Some things do, but that's usually one off pops, when I have pain areas I don't usually have and a find some things uncomfortable.
It sounds as if you don't trust your chiropractor, which I think is key to treatment. Could you go to see a different one?
Ellie :crazy:
FibroEllie
UKFM Member

Postby Fibro Fi » Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:10 am

Hi FibroEllie,
Thanks for your reply.
I do trust him chiropractically, but he is giving me the impression that he thinks fibro is all in your head. He is also now trained in hypnosis and CBT. It just doesn't feel as though he's on my side not like my nutritionist, but then she has suffered from ME and understands first hand how debilitating these condiions are. My chiropractor keeps telling me to think positively and not get stressed, but just relax which I know we must do, but fibro isn't just about that. He is suggesting that I try to think of myself has cured. I really don't want to wallow in this condiion at all, but I also don't want to be unrealistic either. The funny thing is, it was him a few years ago that suggested I had fibromyalgia! I can't work with people whom I think don't believe me as its so frustrating, and stressful in its self! I will see how it goes over the next two sessions. I know chiropractic treatment isn't a cure, but I just wondered if it would help reduce my pain levels.
Fibro Fi
UKFM Member

Postby Nanny1 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:12 pm

I go to a chiropractic who knows I have fm and he is great,
I suffer with headaches,and my neck and spine are crumbling but the treatment I have does help suffer on the day of treatment but any relief is better than being so much pain. I also have reiki which helps
Nanny1
UKFM Newbie

Postby bridesmum » Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:35 pm

I went to see an osteopath a couple of weeks ago.....not been back since! I saw her on the friday and on the sunday had to use 3 hot water bottles on my upper back, lower back and buttocks. I knew an osteopath when I lived in Cyprus who knew about fibro, the one I went to here didn't know anything at all about the condition. I found this quite shocking as when I googled osteopaths when I was looking for one locally most of them mentioned that it was ideal for fibromyalgia sufferers.
bridesmum
UKFM Member

Return to Treatments & Medication