[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Such a difference!

Such a difference!

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Such a difference!

Postby Dj 73 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:20 pm

Yesterday I went to see my doctor, I had to ask for something stronger than the co-dydramol I was already taking.

I ask to try tramadol because I know you can take this with paracetamol, he did as I asked and told me to 'up' my Amitriptyline to 50mg at night.

Today I've hardly had any pain, I've felt a completely new person! Not much pain in my hips or shoulders and neck. Just doesn't seem to take off the muscle burning feeling or the 'growing pain' aches in my arms and legs but hey ho, having not much pain in the hips will do for me!

Just thought I'd share :-D
Dj 73
UKFM Member

Re: Such a difference!

Postby woodwasp » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:44 pm

hi there i too have been on amitriptyline 20 mg at night i also asked the doctor for stronger painkillers but told me to up my amitrip like you i must say i does help so much with the pain and like you still cant get rid of my burning symptoms no matter what ive tried hope you get on ok in the future and manage this horrid fibro x :yikes:
woodwasp
UKFM Member

Postby Dj 73 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:55 pm

Hi woodwasp,

What painkillers do you take other than amitriptyline? I started on 30mg because I wasn't sleeping and the pain was horrendous, I sleep soooo much better now. I had been on co-dydramol for 4 months before it stopped working for me, hence asking for tramadol, it really does give you that bit of boost with the paracetamol, I just hope it works longer than four months but by upping the amitriptyline at night it also continues to work through the next day.

I'm quite lucky that my doctor seems to be understanding (hope I haven't spoke too soon).

I hope you managed to find what suits you best

Donna x
Dj 73
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:06 pm

Glad to hear you have something good to share, I'm going to move your post into treatments and medication as it seems more appropriate and hopefully you will get more hits.

I hope it all continues to help and you get loads of extra no hurty days :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby woodwasp » Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:15 pm

hi same as came off co-codimol and started on tramodol also liquid morphine as and when needed whrn the pain is real bad :sleep: :sleep:
woodwasp
UKFM Member

Postby Dj 73 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:23 pm

Dj 73
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:36 pm

Dont worry, thats what us mods are here for :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: and we often get it wrong :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby painprincess1 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:26 am

hi DJ ,im glad your feeling better i used tramadol to. did u no tramadol is morphine .it turns to morphine in the body.ture its not as strong as the liquid but its the same :lol: dr told me that.i dont no what id do without it myself.
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Postby andycrazy » Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:58 am

Glad you are finding tramadol helps. When I first started on it last year I felt great and it gave me a new lease of life. Even now 1yr on and it still helps though it is not as effective. The only drawback I have found is the tiredness I feel when I have to max out on it and take 2x 50mg 4 times a day, even this does not take all my pain away but it brings it down to a bearable level. I dont want to have to start taking morphine yet as this will make me feel even more tired. If you try to go a few days without it it will continue to be effective for longer. The body builds up a tolerance for opiates (tramadol, morphine) over time.
andycrazy
UKFM Member

Postby fibro-lu » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:53 am

be very careful with the tramadol

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=18528
all the best :cow-wave: Lu
Mind over Matter: in mind I'm Wonderwoman - in matter, well, - don't mind, doesn't matter
fibro-lu
UKFM Regular

Return to Treatments & Medication