PREDNISOLONE 5mg

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

PREDNISOLONE 5mg

Postby bob77 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:25 pm

Hi is anyone taking PREDNISOLONE for their Fibromyalgia. If so how much are you taking and for how long.
Thanks BOB
bob77
UKFM Newbie

Re: PREDNISOLONE 5mg

Postby Garyl » Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:39 pm

First i have heard it being used for Fibro, i used to take it for Asthma, used to find my weight balloned, So i will only take now when asthma is really bad.

Is a drug i am not happy taking so would not entertain for my fibro
Garyl
UKFM Member

Postby BonnGayle » Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:55 pm

I was given this and after 6 months i asked to be taken off he refused but i just dont take them and frankly i havnt noticed any difference so i shall keep off
Fibro,PCOS,Asthma,excema and Dyspraxia ( undiagnosed because it didnt exist then )
what does'nt kill us just makes us stronger!
BonnGayle
UKFM Member

Postby HazelB » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:01 pm

If I'm right in thinking this is a steroid ... and if so there is no evidence to say that steroids help with FM.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk
(soft hugs)
Hazel xxx
HazelB
UKFM Member

Postby Garyl » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:14 pm

Hazel B you are right it is a steroid it is primarily used in Asthma treatment after a severe attack or when asthma poorly controlled. Is a drug i hate taking for reasons i already mentioned.
Garyl
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:23 pm

Definitely not a drug used in the treatment of fibro, why would we take steroids :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: I noticed you are a newbie Bob, have you got fibro???? have you been prescribed the drug????? how about popping over to the 'where to say hello' topic and introducing yourself :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby lindajnaden. » Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:54 pm

Yes i have had it over the years for Asthma, and its know for makeing your bones week, especially in womean, if you use long term.
lindajnaden.
UKFM Newbie

Return to Treatments & Medication