[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - turmeric.magnesium . 5htp

turmeric.magnesium . 5htp

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

turmeric.magnesium . 5htp

Postby armfaw » Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:09 pm

its my 3rd day on these and already I am feeling better.. not on any other meds.. I also take probiotics.. anyone tried these? did they help?
armfaw
UKFM Member

Re: turmeric.magnesium . 5htp

Postby Sheila H » Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:10 pm

I started taking Magnesium in July.I did not consult my GP.On Sunday I was admitted to hospital with severe arythmia.The doctor checked my Magnesium levels and told me to stop it straight away as it could cause serious problems.So please,consult your doctor first so he can check your Magnesium levels.
Sheila H
UKFM Newbie

Postby whoami » Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:24 pm

Sheila.....I am glad you were able to get to hospital!

Nobody should ever try anything...prescription...herbal...off the counter..or homemade remedies without consulting a Dr. What sounds like a simple everyday remedy can cause serious harm.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby zappa20 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:38 am

I've used 5-htp tablets as a natural seratonin boost, but my GP knew I'd started them. the anaesthetist I saw before surgery also said they were ok for me to take the night before my op. Like you I wasn't taking anything for Fibro pain . Particularly any of the anti depressants types which boost seratonin or interfere with its uptake. You definitley can't take 5-htp with any of these.

I found the 5-htp tablets great, it seems they're widely used for mild depression or sleeping problems. I only buy them and vitamins from a small Uk based company as their products are manaufactured in the UK to UK standards and tests. Too many other brands manufacture god knows where and package in the UK which is misleading.

Hope things contine to improve for you. Let me know how you get on with them.
zappa20
UKFM Member

Postby armfaw » Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:22 am

thankyou.... I am feeling good at the moment ... so I will carry on with them for a few months...
armfaw
UKFM Member

Postby armfaw » Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:18 pm

well I've stopped takeing these, there not doing anything, except making my ibs worse...
armfaw
UKFM Member

Postby sara_elizabeth » Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:41 am

really? i've found strong doses of tumeric to prevent my IBS, 10,000mg capsules have been miracle workers. i cannot comment on your specific pill but have you tried just strong doses of tumeric?
I have loved to the point of madness, that which is called madness, that which to me is the only sensible way to love
sara_elizabeth
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:10 am

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Tashamk » Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:22 pm

Hi Zappa,

I'm thinking of starting 5 htp, which brand do you use please?

Thanks,
Tasha
Tashamk
UKFM Newbie

Return to Treatments & Medication